Tuesday, August 2, 2016

TOTR: Rio!

Today's topic is the Olympics, and what events we'll be watching.  I already posted about that, without knowing it would be a topic, but here is also a post I wrote early last year about my favorite Olympic moments.  I won't be watching the opening ceremonies, or much of the events until I get back from DC.  After I drop Allie off to be boarded Saturday, I'll probably be able to find something to watch while I clean my apartment.  The more cleaning I do before DC, the less I have to do when I get home.


I assume though, the Olympics will be talking points at my conference.  It is DC after all, but I wonder how many NBC channels I'll have at the hotel.  They do have a couple bars/pubs in the lobby, so maybe they'll have some events on then.  I'm very happy track and field doesn't start until I'm back.  I did hear though that live streaming won't be available for some things?  If that is the case, I'll definitely have to get my DVR going.

EDIT: I did some searching and found the opening ceremony won't be streamed live, but will be delayed for the stream and TV.  All events should be streamed live.

Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

12 comments:

  1. What?! No love streaming! Bah! I can't wait though- we are putting off "cutting the chord" until after the games to make sure we can get it all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little edit since I did some digging. I think they were talking about the opening ceremony because that'll be shown on an hour delay. All sports are scheduled to stream live.

      Delete
  2. I just hope my kids let me watch some. This is my post topic for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they let you too. The first Olympics I watched was '96, when I was 11.

      Delete
  3. The lack of live streaming is a bit surprising, given the technology abilities today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the articles and yes, all sports are being streamed live. If it's a slow day at work, I'll have something up on my computer.

      Delete
  4. The only thing that I have streamed live was the Boston Marathon. That was pretty cool. I always liked the gymnastics but everything else I never really got into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when I can stream sports live so I can listen to the broadcast at work. It's like the radio and helps the time go by.

      Delete
  5. Hope you have fun in DC this week it's supposed to be a little cooler it's been pretty humid here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in the AC for the most part, but if I can get outside for a little bit, I will. I'm packing workout gear.

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a good trip and get to watch some of the events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have my comp so I could stream around the sessions if I want to watch something.

      Delete