Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Musings 8/29

Happy Monday y'all!  Sorry for the kind of late post, but I had a restless night after a fun evening of painting.  I'll need a little extra caffeine today.


Yesterday we celebrated my friend Amy's birthday, which was during the week.  A bunch of us went to the painting studio we go to and this is what I brought to paint.  #Potternerd.

I finally got a chance to run 3 times last week, with all my strength training, plus Pure Barre yesterday.  I feel like my workout routine is getting back to normal, and it felt good to have a pattern this week.  I want to try to keep up at least 30 minutes on the treadmill, then work my way up to the 4 miles for my virtual run.  The shirt, bib, and medal arrived in the mail Saturday, and I've put it all away until my run.

I'm also sore through my quads from Pure Barre.  Each set of thigh work has 3 exercises, and the instructors pulled out a move for the first exercise that killed my quads.  I could feel them protesting later in the day, and they're definitely protesting this morning.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. Barre is really an intense workout for me! I'm trying to do it more to help complement my running but the last time my calves were crying, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My calves are normally fine, but my quads are on fire every class. I thought they were strong too :-p

      Delete
  2. It really is great when you can feel your workouts settling into a routine! Great job this week :) I hope your quads ease up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're better today, but I had to foam roll them yesterday.

      Delete
  3. I love that feeling of being a good sore! Glad you are getting into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can keep up with the routine. Every time I tried this summer, I didn't keep up with it.

      Delete
  4. I"ve heard so many good things about Pure Barre! I feel like I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some studios offer free sessions at sport stores like Athleta. If you're near one, check out their schedule.

      Delete
  5. Love your painting. My friends go to those girls night out paining classes at times, I am always amazed at the artwork. I may have to give one of those a try sometime just for the fun of it!
    That worked hard muscle soreness is my favorite, I'd do it weekly if I could, LOL enjoy it while it lasts. There is just something different awesome about being sore walking around when it's from a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The instructors are there for help, and chalk outlines. There's no way I could do this without the outlines.

      Delete
  6. The painting party looks fun! I went to a Barre class once and enjoyed it, however I never managed to squeeze it into my regular workout rotation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it my Sunday thing since Sunday was always strength training. It made it easy to already use a day on my schedule.

      Delete
  7. What fun and you did a great job on the painting! Will you keep it or will it be a gift?
    My quads are sore too we did the leg extension machine at the gym yesterday and it was a lot of weight!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep them and either bring them in to work, or decorate my apartment.

      Delete
  8. I never got a chance to go to our painting studio before it closed. I think that would be so much fun! Great job in getting back into your workout routine and also running 3 times last week. Do you think it's due to all the PT you've done recently? Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting is a great way to unwind. She named her studio Carefree Colors because we "paint our cares away."

      Delete