Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Musings 8/22

Wow.  I can't believe the Olympics are over already.  Can y'all?  I feel like "now what?"  2018 for the winter games at least.  I didn't watch the closing ceremonies either.  If they were going to be anything like the opening ceremonies and NBC showing commercials with a dash of ceremony, no thanks.  I stuck with movies.


Not much happened on the workout front this week.  I was waiting for the blister on my heel to come to the surface so I could take care of it, but it hasn't yet.  At least things were feeling better on Thursday, but I wanted to make certain it was getting better.  I so so so wanted to run on Tuesday, but i made the smart decision to hold off and let it heal.  This is the first time in a while where I was itching to run, but couldn't.  I hope that's a good sign.  I know the temps will warm up again, but I'm hoping we are done with the 100s, plus heat index.

My ornament came on Friday, and it's super cute.  It's a singing ornament, but I haven't listened to the song yet.  My main concern is checking to make sure ornaments are in one piece.  I ended up watching Beauty and the Beast because I had Belle's song in my head, despite not listening to the ornament, and was inspired to put the DVD in.  Why not?  I love the movie and it was a good 90-ish minutes on the couch.


Saturday I went to Pure Barre, which I hope to get back to regularly.  The last 6 weeks have been crazy, and I've been about twice, which I certainly felt yesterday.  I didn't really think Saturday's class was that bad, but I woke up sore, in many places.  It was a good kind of sore, but I was definitely foam rolling and stretching things out yesterday afternoon.  I had to stretch slowly because I felt every knot in my body.  Yes, definitely need to get back on a regular basis.  Now that the summer seems to be winding down, I hope to get things back to normal.

I also finally decided on a race to do this fall.  I just couldn't settle on any physical race and decided to register for one of Gone For a Run's virtual races.  I can choose my own course, I don't have to worry about packet pick up, and yet it gives me motivation to get it done.  I chose the Race for the White House 4-miler, and proceeds go to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.  It'll be my first time doing a GFAR virtual race, but I like the swag already.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast has always been one of my favorites! I am pretty sad about the Olympics being over as well. I love sitting down and watching all the amazing athletes every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite Disney movie ever. I love Anna and I love Merida, but Belle will always be my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Awesome ornament...I love that it sings! I'm with you over the ending of the Olympics! What will i watch now?! Sad times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fall shows haven't started yet, and without the Olympics, I have a void. I have to wait a few weeks until BBT and NCIS start again.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad the Olympics are over. I can get back to my regular sleep. That ornament is very cute! I finally found a Pure Barre class down in va beach h but it is pricy. I may need to go and try it out just once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully track and field never ran late, and I didn't get sleep deprived. It's amazing how late some broadcasts were.

      Delete
  4. Adorable ornament! I love Beauty and the Beast - it's one of my all-time favorite Disney movies! I can't believe the Olympics are over, either. So much time and preparation over nearly a decade for the local host committe, and then it's over so quickly. Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks and it's over. It's fun, but now what does Rio do?

      Delete
  5. I didnt watch the closing ceremonies either but I am going to miss watching all the events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many events, and so many channels. I'm not a football fan so that won't fill the sports void each night.

      Delete
  6. Doesn't Gone for a Run have the best swag?? I need to sign up for another one! I use to collect Disney ornaments and I still have many packed up in the attic. They were the plastic ones. I didn't watch as much of the Olympics as I wanted too but I tried to see the highlights on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This'll be my first run with them, but there seems to be a lot of goodies in this packet.

      Delete
  7. I don't like the closing or opening ceremonies of the Olympics, just the action. Actually the bio clips of the athletes are my favorite. That's a very nice ornament! When do you plan to listen to the song? Will you wait until Christmas? Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch either ceremony either, especially given the NBC commentators. I think John Oliver said it best.

      Delete