Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday Musings 8/1

Happy August y'all!  We're now in the 3rd month of summer, with one more to go after this.  I had a great, lazy weekend after the last two were quite busy.  It was very much needed, and since I'm traveling to DC next Sunday, I wanted to take time to snuggle with Allie since she'll be boarded at the V-E-T.  I was all over the place the last two weekends, and I owed her some attention time.


I got runs done Friday and Saturday, but I realized I probably need another session of dry needling.  I hadn't gotten one in July, and I wonder if another session will help.  I can check in again with all my PT exercises and see what other progress I've made.  Between the running and PT, I was busy in the workout department this weekend.  I even did some exercises I hadn't done in a while, and I'm a little sore this morning.  It's the good kind of sore though.

I also ordered some Rocktape from Amazon on Saturday.  I can get it at my chiro's office, but it's $35 there, and it's only $18 on Amazon.  I also ordered a red, white, and blue print so I'll certainly be patriotic while watching the Olympics, between that and my new Oiselle bra.  I've made sure I've worn the new bra so I can get used to the slightly different style.  It seems to be working pretty well so far, but my concern with new bras is always chafing.  So far, no chafing, and I wore it for my run on Friday.  I was plenty sweaty, but no chafe spots.  Oh! and my leasing office I think fixed the air problem in the fitness room.  It was back on Friday, and I hope it stays.  It is August afterall.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. Yay for air condition and no chafing! Both of those are good things considering the Summer heat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AC is a must at any time in the summer. I was still using the treadmill, but it was awful.

      Delete
  2. Bra chafing can be the worst. Awesome you got one that so far so good.
    Ya to the air getting fixed in the fitness room!!! Have a great week lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one spot on either side I have to be careful of. The chafing can get bad.

      Delete
  3. I actually prefer Rock Tape to KT tape. It stays on longer especially through wetness or humidity. They say it is more "breathable" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd given up on KT tape, both kinds, and then my chiro used Rocktape. It stayed on for days.

      Delete
  4. I really want to go look for some kitties...I think we're ready for an addition to the family! I just bought a new sports bra and didn't even think about whether chafing would be an issue...I'll have to test it out this week! Can't wait to watch the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A kitty is great! I hope you find the perfect one.

      Delete
  5. No air in a fitness room would be terrible where you live! Not that it wouldn't be terrible most places.

    I am another convert to Rocktape last year, and yes, I buy it at Amazon. $35 is an insane markup. I know they need to make money, but that seems excessive. Although I do like that KT Tape comes in strips, actually, I find it easier to apply rather than guessing with Rocktape -- plus the rounded edges means it stays down better (when it actually adheres, that is).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some options of Rocktape that come in strips too, but I prefer to cut my own. I don't have to waste it if the strip is too long.

      Delete
  6. I really hope the AC is fixed! Thats good that the new bra doesn't cause chafing. I havent tried a new style in years because I am nervous about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took them almost all month to get it going. I think the renovations in the office had something to do with it, but Friday was fantastic with the AC back.

      Delete
  7. KT tape does not stick. It just doesn't. I haven't tried Rocktape though. I know you must be excited about the Olympics starting this week. I need to check the listings so I don't miss anything. I'm so glad to hear the AC is back in the fitness room. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't watch much until track and field. I'm sure I'll find something on my vacation days.

      Delete