Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fall's Coming

I can feel it, I really can feel that fall's coming.  It's not just the strange, cooler, muggy, rainy weather we have right now.  The Disney Store has released the bulk of its Christmas ornaments for this season, companies are releasing fall decor and designs, and yesterday, with this weather, I was able to wear a long sleeve shirt at home to lounge around in.  I don't know if it means I'm going to be cranky when the weather warms up again, but I'm itching for fall now.

Since I know the Disney Store normally releases its sketchbook ornaments online this time of year, I admit to stalking the website.  There were a few new ornaments at the end of July, but I was waiting for the big release that usually comes before September.  That moment was Monday :-)  I've already ordered one too, with Belle in her blue dress.  She's usually in her princess dress, so I pounced on this one.  It even comes with sound when the batteries are in, but I haven't decided whether to let it sing or not.


There's another one in her blue dress, but this one has so much detail.

In two months, it will feel like fall.  Two months.  Exactly where did the summer go?  I'm not attached to it, due to the heat, but schools either started this week, or start next week.  I know kids must be grumbling by now, and my work's fall semester starts Monday.  Students are arriving on campus, and either they're smaller than what I remember being as a freshman, or they really do look that young.  Did I look that young in '03?


Linking up with Amanda.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Fall! I mean I think I can't wait. It will get here and then I'll want Summer back! It's a vicious cycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I don't want summer anymore. I'm sure whenever I move, I won't mind so much, but I dread the summer months. I still have to work and it's still hot.

      Delete
  2. I just can't believe how time flies! We haven't started school yet but as soon as we do it seems the air gets just a bit crisper and the morning are cool. I just love summer too much to see it end! I wish I could live somewhere where it is summer all year long! I love that Belle ornament and will have to share your pic with my friend who loves Belle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Belle, but I've been waiting for one in her blue dress. We have two choices this year! My ornament may even be delivered today :)

      Delete