Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fall Racing Plans

Today's Tuesday on the Run topic is fall racing plans.  I've written in previous posts that I couldn't nail down a physical race I want to do this fall, so I opted for a virtual run.  That's it, those are my plans.  Rather boring, right?  It's like I signed up for the Bolder Boulder, then felt done for the year.  Oops.  At least the 4-miler will give me something to aim for before November.  I had a really good week (first time all summer) of being back in a workout routine, and I want to continue that.


Can we talk about 2016 in general instead?  This year has kicked plenty of people's butts, and yesterday was no exception.  The number of deserved celebrities dying this year is ridiculous, and yesterday it claimed Gene Wilder.  I decided to do my strength training while watching Blazing Saddles, then finished out the evening watching Young Frankenstein.  It's said Gene Wilder's love of his life was his wife, Gilda Radner, so the two of them are together again.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

14 comments:

  1. I was really sad to hear about Gene Wilder, who I knew best from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I should pop that movie in, such great one-liners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very sorry to read the reports too. 2016 has been tough.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that you have had a great week. It always makes me want to continue when I have weeks like that. I have never seen either one of those movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel accomplished if I'm able to stick to a routine, especially after this summer.

      Delete
  3. The news about Gene Wilder was sad. I love Young Frankenstein but somehow still haven't seen Blazing Saddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blazing Saddles is a Mel Brooks classic. Definitely could not be made today.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen either of those two Gene Wilder movies, but it was very sad to hear of his passing. Willy Wonka was such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gene Wilder was amazing. My mom was college roommates with Gilda Radner. I remember her talking about her all the time growing up and how hilarious she was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?! That's awesome that she knew Gilda. I love watching her SNL skits.

      Delete
  6. We'll ride into town, a whoppin' and a whoopin'...

    I love Blazing Saddles. HARD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one. I took a comedy in film history class in college, and one of my presentations was on Blazing Saddles.

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of a virtual run! And also super sad about Gene Wilder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted something to motivate me, but I wasn't motivated looking at the racing calendar for this fall. Virtual it is.

      Delete