Tuesday, July 12, 2016

TOTR: Music

Long time readers will know I love my music when I run.  I have to have my tunes.  There is a rare run when I won't have music, but I'll still have distractions.  The US women's national soccer team had a game on Saturday afternoon when I was on the treadmill, so instead of music, I had a TV on in the fitness room.  Something to break up the monotony of running.


Part of the fun I have with races, especially Disney races, is building a playlist.  I'll start off with a list to simply run to, and build from there.  I have fun songs right from the beginning, but I do have to rotate songs out if I get tired of them.  Those are the ones I'll stop running and skip the song on my iPod.  If I do that a couple runs in a row, I know it's time to take that song out and get a new one.


My music certainly is not current, but I will have current songs if I happen to hear it on the radio, or a movie.  I bought Shakira's "Try Everything" the minute I got home from seeing Zootopia.  Sometimes I know a song will be great to run to, and again, Disney!  I had that song on my playlist for Tink and loved it.  Otherwise the music I use is already on my iPod, and the best thing about using my iPhone is I can remove and add songs to a playlist without using iTunes.  My iPhone has the option so I can quickly change things up before a run.

Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.   

14 comments:

  1. My playlist is constantly changing as well. Sometimes things I really love just don't stay a favorite. I do have a couple of "permanent" loves though. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my favorites, but I need to take breaks from them. Good thing I have quite a few I can rotate in and out.

      Delete
  2. I am old school and run with an ipod and not my phone. I have had the same playlist for a while now I need to update that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run with my phone so I have my phone and ipod wrapped in one. I've never needed my phone but it's nice to have it with me.

      Delete
  3. I have a running work out playlist I use but love building special playlists for races :) Tower of Terror was fun because it included Disney songs as well as Halloween type songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best type of playlist. I have a Halloween playlist with plenty of Disney villains on it.

      Delete
  4. I used to build playlists but it got really stressful so now if I'm listening to music during a race, I just turn it on shuffle or hook up to Amazon music. And if it's a training run, I usually opt for a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I build a pretty big playlist, then hit shuffle. I don't want to know the order of songs as I'm running.

      Delete
  5. I too always run with music. When my iPod or phone (whichever I have with me at that moment) isn't working I feel very lost having to run sans-music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It freaks me out in a way if I can't listen to music. I'm already done mentally and I can't get in to a run.

      Delete
  6. I have run with music for six years. I doubt that I'll ever stop!:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run with it since high school. I would get in trouble when we couldn't use music in our timed miles, but I never stopped using it.

      Delete
  7. I love building playlists, too! So much fun! Lately I've been into podcasts, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get into podcasts or audiobooks because I inevitable zone out. I know songs, so if I zone out, I still hear the music.

      Delete