Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Rio Olympics

Yesterday's release of WADA's findings is certainly interesting, and we're waiting on the CAS's ruling on Russia's track and field ban, but this will be about the track and field schedule.  I found the entire schedule for the Olympics, and I wrote down the races I'll be watching, or recording.  Certainly putting the marathons on TV during my morning runs will be motivating, but I won't be running for that length.  I"ll have to bolt back to my apartment during a commercial break.


Aug 12: women's 10k, men's 800m round 1, women's 1500m round 1
Aug 13: women's steeplechase round 1, men's 10k, men's 800m round 2
Aug 14: women's marathon, women's 1500m round 2
Aug 15: men's steeplechase round 1, women's steeplechase final, men's 800m final
Aug 16: women's 5k round 1, women's 1500m final
Aug 17: women's 800m round 1, men's steeplechase final
Aug 18: women's 800m round 2
Aug 19: women's 5k final
Aug 20: women's 800m final
Aug 21: men's marathon

That should keep me busy.  I also love watching sports like fencing and archery because the Olympics is the only time for me to see them on TV.  

Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.   

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the schedule! I hadn't started running the last time the Summer Olympics were around so it will be interested to watch this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad ran track in high school so we've always watched the T&F events. I just wish they'd do away with the commercials.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh - thanks for sharing this schedule! This will be a nice easy reference for me when the Olympics start. I have always enjoyed watching the gymnastics, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much to the Olympics but I wanted to see when my favorite sports is on. It helps with the DVR.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I can't wait either. Thankfully T&F starts after I get back from my conference.

      Delete
  4. Ha- you jumped ahead! This is going to be a topic on an upcoming TOTR. ;) Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops :-) I didn't have anything for running slang and my planner is filled with Olympics notes.

      Delete
  5. Sadly the only Olympic sport I got into (where I actually knew who the athletes were) was gymnastics. I should be more into the Runners I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't watch all the T&F events, but I've circled the ones where I love to watch the event, or there are athletes I want to cheer on.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, thanks for this schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hadn't found a condensed version yet and the official one can be overwhelming.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing the schedule. I'll be in Ireland for the first week of the Olympics but I'm happy to see I'll be home in time for track & Field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be traveling too for a conference. I was very happy to see T&F doesn't start right away.

      Delete