Friday, July 29, 2016

Random Fives

It's Friday again!  Thank goodness this week seemed to move faster than last week, but when I'm overwhelmed at work, time does seem to get away from me.

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen I found a Jimmy Buffett song that I didn't have on my iPod.  They do exist, but now that one is on my iPod.  I went home and bought it off iTunes.  It's called Prince of Tides from his Hot Water Album.


Speaking of Buffett, RnR released runner's perks for their Vegas race, and Margaritaville Las Vegas is participating.  That makes it harder to resist, and I've already been resisting signing up.  Good grief, how much longer before I think screw it and sign up?  I'd have done it already, but I've got a bit up in the air that hasn't settled yet.

I went a little overboard with retail therapy this month, but part of it was getting a Pure Barre double-tube and one of their resistance DVD workouts.  I did the workout Tuesday, and talk about DOMS on Wednesday evening.  Thank goodness I have Biofreeze, but I did have this cloud of it hovering over me.  If there's any doubt I'm a runner, I have both Biofreeze and Icy Hot at home.

I'm ready to commit mutiny at work due to construction going on right below my office suite.  They spent all last summer turning the space below us into a research lab, now they're switching it to office space.  I can deal with a lot of noises, but we aren't given any warning, or a timeline, about the work, and it makes me jump whenever they start.  Especially when the noise sounds like a big-ass dentist drill.  I don't like that sound on a regular dentist drill, let alone one big enough to do construction right below my office.

 All of this is to say I need a break.  I head to DC in a little over a week for a conference, then I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to complete a full week's break.  I know a conference isn't exactly time off from work, but it's different, and I won't be checking email.  5 days away will give me a break when I need it most.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

8 comments:

  1. A week's break sounds great! I hope you enjoy :) I hadn't seen the RnR Vegas perks, I'm going to have to go check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was interested to see what they'd have, and Margaritaville was there. I hope they have these perks for next year. Bucket list.

      Delete
  2. Conferences are definitely not vacations! Sometimes they're MORE tiring. But DC is so nice (even if it's been 30+ years since I've been there). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at least a change in scenery and gives me a break from day to day stuff. I need a break from that.

      Delete
  3. Ha e you ever heard of Tiger bomb? I like that better than Biofreeze. Vegas marathon was ok but it wasn't my favorite. I don't thk I will ever do it again. Love th city though, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of it but I haven't seen it around. I was excited when I saw Biofreeze at Massage envy because I do prefer that to Icy Hot/Bengay

      Delete
  4. I have seen JB multiple times, including back in the 80s before he was a thing. He was in Vegas when I was there with my sister but it's such a spectacle now that she didn't want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go! I figure Vegas is turned up a notch since it's Vegas, but I go see Buffett whenever I can.

      Delete