Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Musings 7/18

What a busy weekend.  The last week took way too long to get to Friday, and of course, the weekend goes by way too quickly.  I had a BBQ and slip and slide party Saturday at my cousins, then we met up for lunch and some shopping on Sunday.  I've decided it's time to step up my make-up game ever so slightly, and it was time to get some high quality foundation.  I am not a make-up person by any means, and am a gym rat, but I decided to start with foundation.  My eye makeup is very basic.


Friday started the shopping a little early when Oiselle released new prints for their clothes.  Um, yeah, here's my money.  They have a midnight tribeca print that is very red, white, and blue.  I love the kits they designed for their elite athletes, and this print reminds me of it.  Here!  I even ordered it without the discount code I got for joining the Volee because I couldn't remember it.  I REALLY wanted the print and didn't want to wait until I got home.  What if it sold out in those few hours???


Saturday was very fun.  I got my run done, prepped the pasta dish I made for the party, then headed to Fort Worth.  Yes, we know the slip and slide instructions say don't put on an incline, and we did just that.  And yes, adults don't exactly bounce back from something like slip and slides, but it was worth it.  Even with a strained hip flexor, it was worth it.  Bonus, no sun burn.  I got some quality vitamin D without burning.  Shocking, I know.  I also realize the irony shopping like an adult to get foundation at Sephora the day after all of us partook in the slip and slide.  You gotta let loose some days.  The last few weeks have been stressful, and the party was SO much fun.

Aside from the strained hip flexor, I wasn't really sore on Sunday.  I thought I would be, and I did have scratches and a bruise on my left knee, but overall, it wasn't bad.  My cousin and I met up for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, and this time I made sure to get cheesecake.  I got dinner from the Cheesecake Factory before running the Tink 10k, but I did not get cheesecake since I wanted to celebrate with a Dole Whip.  I can't remember the last time I didn't get cheesecake from that restaurant, so I had to get some yesterday.  The rest of the day was low key.  CBS had a fun little documentary called "Going the Distance" which featured all sorts of runners, including Meb.  It was something fun to watch on my complete rest day.

A little throwback, with Mom
Yesterday was also Disneyland's 61st birthday.  It's been fun looking through old pictures, and I had so much back in May.  I need to go back...

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week!

    I've only been to the cheesecake factory once and I've never had their cheesecake. That stuff has like a gazillion calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly split up the cheesecake. I can't eat it all after lunch, so I bring it home for later.

      Delete
  2. The BBQ and slip and slide sound like fun, in spite of the strained hip flexor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. It was hot, and the water on the slip and slide felt wonderful.

      Delete
  3. The weekends definitely do go by too quickly! Glad you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was great, and needed. Too bad I couldn't have another day to relax.

      Delete
  4. So there's going to be a giant slip and slide in Chicago in a couple of weeks! They're billing it as the world's largest slip and slide. I'm only imagining the injuries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there aren't injuries. I hadn't been on a slip and slide in YEARS and it was just fun.

      Delete
  5. I still don't know a thing about makeup, lol...I never know what I'm doing! And I hope you enjoyed that cheesecake, I haven't eaten there in a really long time, it's always too crowded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much either. I can't exactly mess up foundation and eye shadow so that's what I stick with.

      Delete
  6. I don't think I've ever done a Slip 'n Slide. I wonder why? And, I don't think I've ever been to the Cheesecake Factory. What is wrong with me? LOL. I didn't realize Disneyland was that old. I went to Disney World for the 1st time during the 2nd year it was open. Thanks for linking, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did slip and slides at friends', but not anytime recent. It was great though with it being so hot out.

      Delete
  7. We'll be in Orlando in September and in Disney World over Thanksgiving! Going to Disneyland is on my bucket list. Great week for you Les and a slip n slide sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, even with the bruises. Gotta let loose from time to time :)

      Delete