That means my mind has shifted from the heavier winter dishes to lighter summer dishes, and lots of time, that means seafood. I didn't realize how many seafood recipes I have until I was making my grocery list this week.
Shrimp - shrimp is versatile, and I made a corn risotto with shrimp. I can get the frozen, uncooked shrimp from the store, and thaw them out as I go. I thawed a full bag of jumbo shrimp for the Buffett tailgate, but normally I'll thaw 7-8 at a time.
- Shrimp salad with citrus and greens. Any field greens, plus orange and grapefruit slices, grilled the shrimp after drizzling with lime juice
- Shrimp pasta salad with citrus. Very similar, but instead of salad, cook pasta
- Caribbean island lime shrimp, add whatever you want as a side, fruit, salad, or rice, or all 3
- fish tacos with tilapia - I use this recipe from Fitnessista but cook in the skillet instead of oven
- sea bass with tomatoes, serve with choice of side
I really try to avoid using the oven as much as possible, and even when cooking in the skillet, limit time with that too.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!