Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Strange Things During a Race?

Today's TOTR is weird things I've seen at races.  I must run boring races because I don't remember seeing anything too much out of the ordinary.  I've run a lot at Disney, so of course there's going to be fun costumes and people getting into the spirit of things, but I can't really recall anything strange.  I think I run in the wrong city for that.


Last year, I was in San Francisco right before the Bay to Breakers, which is very well known for the more unusual running attire.  Like nothing at all.  Friends told me that tidbit without blinking an eye.  But then they have been in San Francisco for years now, so I guess the shock factor wears off at some point.  They have nude beaches so why not nude runners and bikers?


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.  

10 comments:

  1. That would be odd seeing nude runners and bikers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any nudity whenever I've visited SF, but I know I would do a double take if I did. It's not common in Texas.

      Delete
  2. That's so awkward. Don't people's parts hurt from all the gravity?! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking. There are clothes to help support those parts, so why forego them?

      Delete
  3. I just can't imagine running or biking nude would be remotely comfortable. In any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. They make clothes that are very comfortable, I'll stick with that.

      Delete
  4. Bay to Breakers is legendary. Just... wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun reading recaps and what people see. I don't know if I could do the hills, but spectating would be fun.

      Delete
  5. I really want to do Bay to Breakers! Sounds like a crazy race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good bucket list race, and I know it's very popular.

      Delete