Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Musings 6/27

After not getting to run most of last week, I got a run in Friday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon.  Both runs felt good, but I felt knots behind my knee, which may be making my ITB twinge a little bit.  I'll definitely point out that spot at my massage on Friday since it's part of my calf that hooks at the knee.  That's the spot that I'm feeling a huge knot, and Daniel is really good at working through knots.  These are not relaxing massages by any means.

Saturday I went to Pure Barre early on, then ran errands, and pretty much chilled until the evening when I went to a friend's house, and we watched Tombstone.  I did cave for lunch and finally got some fast food after wanting it for a month.  Then I horked it.  Sometimes you just have to give in and satisfy a craving.


Some of us skipped the FCD game because of other interests, and we started on westerns.  I'd never actually seen Tombstone from beginning to end, even though I'd seen snippets from time to time, and I knew the history about the OK Corral.  It was complete with popcorn, pizza, and Chardonnay.  the Chardonnay was from Coppola, and wasn't too oaky/buttery.  There was a hint of that, which was fine.

Sunday was even more low key than Saturday.  I got my run done in the afternoon because right now, morning sunlight comes in very strongly into the fitness room, and depending on the angle, I need sunglasses when I'm on one of the treadmills.  The first level of windows have blinds, but the second, much higher, level of windows don't, and when the sun is just right, it's right in my face.  I'm going to have to see how the rest of the summer goes with morning runs.

I did finish the book I bought with my Amazon credit.  I tried to make it last, but there's so much action, I needed to know how each scene would resolve itself.  The ending felt a little rushed, like the previous book in the series, and I hope the author can get back to writing the resolutions and taking the reader on the adventure.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on giving into cravings sometimes! If you wanted it for that long, your body must have really wanted it. :) We went to an amusement park last week and Paul and I shared a pork BBQ sandwich, fries, and COLESLAW! That has to be my favorite summer junky food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had Cane's in months, not since last summer at least. Sometimes I can fight the cravings, sometimes not.

      Delete
  2. I know that feeling of having knots behind the knees. Hopefully Daniel will be able to take care of it in very quick order! I've never seen Tombstone. I agree with Meg, if you had a craving that long, you know it's legit and worth indulging. YOLO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he can take care of the knots. I've been sleeping with my compression socks on to try to help.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for getting a massage. It's been literally years since I had one. I hope it resolves your ITB twinges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a full massage, but I can go in and say which spot is bothering me and they'll take care of it.

      Delete
  4. I may have been giving in a bit too much to sweet cravings lately. At least I had hummus chips & a turkey stick after my run today instead of something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want something sweet, and especially chocolate. I've been good though and my snacks are dried fruit and assorted nuts.

      Delete
  5. I never thought about the challenge of running on a treadmill with a strong angle from the sun. I definitely prefer to do my runs in the morning but that would make it challenging! I hope your massage therapist can take care of those knots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being in front of the windows, but the summer sun has its challenges.

      Delete
  6. A few months back I got on a Western Movie kick, gotta love a great western at times!!!
    Sorry about the knots behind your knee, hopefully you can get them worked out, or they just go away on their own even before Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple westerns, but one is definitely is a spoof (Blazing Saddles). The others are McLintock and Cat Ballou. The others I have to get from Netflix.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about the knee pain. Hopefully it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad, and I'm hoping I turned a corner during the Tink 10k with just twinging. It didn't escalate like it usually has.

      Delete
  8. I definitely couldn't run on the TM with sun shining in my face. It seems like they would do something about that. I need one of the not-relaxing massages. I've got some recent and new twinges. Thanks for linking with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not relaxing, but it's everything my muscles need to get the knots out. I just happened to be bruised afterwards.

      Delete
  9. "Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave" Oh wow I haven't seen Tombstone in quite awhile but it's a favorite of mine! "I'll be your huckleberry" Ok I'll quit :)
    I have a Cane's about a 1/4 of a mile from my office and I have to give in every once in awhile too! Thanks Les for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't actually seen Tombstone from beginning to end, so this was my first time.

      Delete