Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday Musings 6/20

Happy Monday.  We're now into late June and approaching the official first day of summer.  I'm not sure that matters in Texas, since we finally got out from under a heat advisory Saturday night, but the temps for this week aren't looking any better.  I can tell it's summer with Allie's behavior.  She's spending less time cuddled up in a ball and more time spread out on cool surfaces, from the dining room table to the bathtub.


I'm starting to really get back into the swing of running.  I hit 2 miles for the first time since the 10k, though it wasn't quite easy.  I increased the speed of my running interval, and despite doing the run on the treadmill, I was covered in sweat.  I did use this run to test out my Oiselle singlet, and I also found out something.  The Brooks shorts I've had for 5 years, including the trim, are pretty much as much of a match as they can be.  You can't plan this.


I'm trying to work through something that feels like a knot in my low quad to make sure it doesn't tighten up and cause my ITB to tighten up as well.  This weekend has been a lot of roam rolling, stretching, and Biofreeze.  My ITB still feels slightly cranky, but maybe it was the speed and heat on Saturday.  It felt fine on my shorter runs this past week.  I'll still play around with pace while I continue to re-establish my running base.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

*****

Monday: strength train

Tuesday: 25 minutes

Wednesday: chiro visit, strength train

Thursday: skipped run, strength train

Friday: strength train

Saturday: 2 miles

Sunday: Pure Barre

12 comments:

  1. I feel you on the heat...yuck! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much better it feels without the humidity and heat advisory. It's still hot, but manageable.

      Delete
  2. Wow, look at all of your strength training! Way to go! Great job on all the foam rolling, et al - better to treat the niggles early before they get out of control. That's awesome that the new Oiselle top matches your shorts so perfectly. When I was growing up, my cats always liked to lie stretched out on the bathtub, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's the first in the family to do that, but all the cats sprawl out on cool surfaces in the summer.

      Delete
  3. I'm still fighting that damn PF. So so tired of it! I hope your ITB calms down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I made good progress before my 10k, and I kept at the strength training. I think I just need to keep running to get it back up to where it was.

      Delete
  4. That is too funny about Allie. I never seen a cat just chillin in the tub.Hope your lower quad feels better and the foam roller will help that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves the tub, but spends less time in this apartment. She'll chase her tail and chill when she's done.

      Delete
  5. I think Allie is on to something. Maybe I should nap in the tub! It's great to hear you are back to running. I hope that know goes away fast. Thanks for linking with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My running is still sporatic, but it's nice to get back to it.

      Delete
  6. Summer heat has been here in MS too! :( I'd say judging from the picture it's a perfect match! Oh no wonder if a good massage would help with your knot in your quad. You sure don't want any ITB problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten a proper massage, but I probably should. The massage therapists at my chiro's office are great.

      Delete