Tuesday, June 7, 2016

How Much Race Gear?

How much workout gear do I have?  I certainly have more outfit options than I do for work.  I've always been like that and frankly, I think I work in the wrong profession.  I should've gone into the fitness industry because then I'd had a solid budget for that gear.  I was the athlete in college who wore sweatpants and sweatshirts to class.  If it was cold, I'd throw a jacket over the sweatshirt.  The classrooms were chilly anyway, so the layers kept me warm.


It kind of carried over into the workforce, and I'm definitely one of those who looks for sales for work clothes but I won't hesitate to buy workout gear at full price.  I automatically have ideas for Christmas and birthdays.  There is even a whole side of my closet for my workout clothes, between the tank tops, shirt, sports bras, compression, and Running Skirts.  It's bigger than what I have for work pants, shirts, and dresses.

In my defense, it's easier for me to find color and cuts in workout clothes than it is for work clothes.  Workout gear doesn't seem to be affected by what's "in".   Fashion drives me crazy.

I can keep the smaller gadgets in my dresser, but my calf stretcher, weights, and barbell are kept in the front closet, but not the foam rollers.  I keep those out since I use them all the time.  I try to keep things neat, but sometimes that's a lost cause. 


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia. 

14 comments:

  1. I always feel like I Ave more workout clothes than regular clothes. Mainly bc I have always wore a uniform to work though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange, but I envy those with uniforms. You know what you're going to wear. Of course, I'm really envious of my cousin since she gets to wear scrubs at her work.

      Delete
  2. I still want to find my workout stuff on sale, but yeah I don't hesitate to load up. I may have just returned from Dicks the other day with another bag full. At least I'm not spending $$$ on cigarettes, right? ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I say my "vices" are running and reading. Those may not be bad, but I think I need a second job to sustain those.

      Delete
  3. It's funny - I balk at going out for lunch at the cost of $10, but I won't hesitate to drop big bucks on running gear or races at full price! It's all about perspective and value proposition, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I buy lunch ingredients at the grocery store, so I think of the $10 as extra, towards running.

      Delete
  4. I like clothes. All clothes.

    It's good to know that I'm in good company with my athleisure addiction. Now someone just has to tell Mr. Judy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very picky about the clothes I buy, and running gear is a lot easier to get happy about.

      Delete
  5. I definitely prefer workout clothes to regular clothes too! And thats a good point that regular clothes go out of style...we don't need to worry about that with our running clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pay attention to style, but if I need to replace something, and the new styles are very blah to me, I won't get it.

      Delete
  6. If I ever go back into an office, I'm going to need a new closet. Ha. The workout clothes have taken over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep all my workout gear on one side. If it starts overflowing, then I'll know I have a problem.

      Delete
  7. I have way more workout options than real world options- but that's also because I have worked from home since 2008, so it makes it really easy to stay in workout clothes all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some days I wish I could work from home. Not every day, but definitely some would be nice.

      Delete