Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy Independence Day

I'm posting early since today is my Friday.  I don't plan on blogging tomorrow, but I will look at posts over the weekend.  My mental health day is very needed since I don't have any vacations planned for the summer.  I'm going to need an extended break at some point, but I looked at the summer schedule and there never seemed to be a good stretch to take off.  I have some things up in the air right now, and a 1-day break will be nice to step away from it.  This means that I work 4 days this week, have a 4-day weekend, then work 4 days next week.

She's got the idea
Tonight is another painting class, and I always over analyze what I should paint.  I'm going to stick with one of the templates they have at the studio and hope I can do it justice.  My paintings are split between my apartment and work, and it's fun to have a collage of things at work.  It looks like my office is used.

Tomorrow is my massage, and I'll probably get my car washed too.  It needs to be done, and I've put it off long enough.  I love the color of my new car, but it hasn't had a chance to shine since it rained the day after I picked it up.  It's got water marks and dust all over it, and it needs a bath.  With my massage, and a car wash, it could be spa day tomorrow.

Tomorrow is also the first day of the track and field trials.  I'm jealous of people like Tara who are going, but I'll do my best throughout these days to watch as many events as I can.  I just wish we didn't have commercials so I could watch the broadcast non-stop.  I think we miss a lot in the longer distance races because of the commercials, and lots of times we miss the big move to break up the pack.


I hope everyone has a happy and safe Independence Day.  I always miss Boston on the 4th because Boston knows how to celebrate.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

8 comments:

  1. We don't have any vacation planned for this summer either. Nothing until the end of September.

    Enjoy that massage & the rest of your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll have Christmas break, but nothing on the schedule yet. I'll need something because I won't make to Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I love when we have long weekends and it makes for back to back 4 day weeks! I actually wish I could just work 4 ten hours days and always have a 3 day weekend! Would you like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Fridays off in college with no classes. I loved having Friday off and think it should happen in the working world.

      Delete
  3. Have a fabulous holiday wkend. Enjoy the massage. I bet that will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The massage was good, but I do have some small bruising in a couple spots. Those knots were stubborn.

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a great massage! I like the idea of a spa day! Those are definitely necessary every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. He found knots I wasn't even aware of.

      Delete