Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Five 6/23

Another Friday, which actually means I'm one week away from a day off.  I'm taking July 1st off to make it a 4-day weekend.  After dropping off my rent, I'm not sure what to do.  Movies, maybe?  I have not seen Finding Dory and truth be told, I'm wary of sequels right now.  I know, I know, I love Pixar movies, but sequels rarely live up to the first movie, and I love Finding Nemo so much.  Dory may be a Netflix movie down the line.  Any other movies coming out?

Anybody receive that Amazon email saying you have a credit in your account due to that Apple Inc lawsuit over ebook prices?  I got a credit, which was enough to cover a book on my wishlist.  I bought the Dutch Girl by Donna Thorland, and now that I bought that one, I'll be all caught up in her Revolutionary War series.  I started the book Wednesday and already I don't want to put it down.  That would make working difficult, so I have to put it down :-/


I've also been getting incredibly cranky lately, and I'll blame it on the heat.  Our "normal" June temps are typically low to mid-90s, but we've been in the high 90s already, and I'm cranky far too soon this summer.  I'm usually cranky in August because we have 2 more months of heat to go, and there's no end in sight.  I'm trying to hold on for next week since Friday marks the start of the Olympic T&F trials, then I can watch the actual Olympics.

I sadly didn't get any runs in this week.  Tuesday, the entire pool area was closed down due to high chlorine levels, and the pool is the only access I have to get to the fitness room.  Just like when the fitness room flooded, there was no announcement, and there were no signs on the pool gates.  I had to talk to a leasing agent to find out what was going on.  Then Thursday, I'd been operating on 5 hours of sleep, and was completely zonked when I got home.  The past two Thursdays have been rest days, so maybe a pattern's emerging.  I think one rest day a week is good, and I use both weekend days as workout days.

I also REALLY need a massage.  My calves, or rather calf, is tight up high and near my achilles', and I haven't gotten a massage since well before my 10k.  It may be late, but I think a recovery massage is in order.  Maybe that's what I can do on my day off next Friday.  I need to call and see if the office is open that day and if so, I'll see if I can get in.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

14 comments:

  1. I need a massage something fierce! I got the Amazon credit as well which I'm excited about. Need to spend it wisely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had enough for one book and I had a couple on my wish list that would be covered. But I finished the book already, oops.

      Delete
  2. I just had the best massage today. She ended up walking on me. I was so tight and she definitely lossened me up. I saw a preview of a movie not are he title but it looked good. A scary one. People were visiting an island and got bad directions from a local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk on you? Wow. That hasn't happened with me, but the medical massage therapists know how to loosen up my muscles, but I do end up bruised a little bit.

      Delete
  3. I saw Finding Dory. It was cute but definitely not movie theater worthy. In my defense, I took my kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I know I'll see it eventually, but I figured it was a Netflix movie.

      Delete
  4. You need a run followed by a massage and some reading time in a spa. Actually, that sounds awesome--can I come with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great. I'd like to see how I feel after the massage and I hope it helps.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your long weekend. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to fill the time with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. I do want to get my car washed, and I would've done it today but t-storms are forecasted for Tuesday. I"ll delay that until next weekend.

      Delete
  6. I'm really in need of a massage, too, but I keep putting it off.

    They usually have some free quickie massages after my race on the 4th so maybe I'll do it then.

    That's really annoying that they don't notify you of the closures in any way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It'd be really helpful and save me time since I have to walk to the fitness room. It's not a big complex but I'm walking in the summer heat, then have to walk back disappointed.

      Delete
  7. I feel the same way about Finding Dory! Sometimes I wish they would just skip the sequel and let the movie be. Ughh this heat is killing me too, it's too early for it to be this hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stand alone movie that's great will remain great. I saw Pixar has quite a few sequels announced, and I'm not sure about any one them.

      Delete