Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday 5: Randoms

After I posted my two things for ToL yesterday was when all these thoughts came charging in.  Of course, the first item arrived in the mail yesterday.


It came!  My Oiselle singlet is here!  Random question for the Volee: the washing instructions say warm water, but I never use warm water for non-whites.  Do any of y'all use cold water?  I don't want to do anything to ruin the singlet.

It's been so hot here with whatever system the weatherpeople are talking about.  I never usually listen to Christmas music outside of December, but I listened to my Christmas workout list Tuesday when I was on the treadmill.  It was either that or Frozen, for a little reverse psychology.  We are now under a heat advisory, and I decided to skip my run yesterday.  It was just too hot, and the heat makes me cranky.  I did do some corework after dinner, when it was slightly cooler.


I found another great red blend wine, from Alamos, which also makes a good Malbec.  The red blend is 3 grapes from Argentina, and may be a little too smooth.  I made tacos on Monday, and had enough for leftovers, and the red blend paired well.  The blend was a spur of the moment decision when I was buying the Malbec, and I decided to get both.

I guess I'm carrying a bit of tension through my neck and shoulders because my chiropractor had to do some ART on both sides of my neck.  We usually do a neck adjustments whenever I'm in, but this time before the adjustment he asked if my neck was tight.  It actually was tight that day, but it was the first time I'd felt it.  Holy cow!  I don't think I was breathing the whole time he was working on the knots.  Ow ow ow!  The only thing I could think was please don't bruise.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

10 comments:

  1. I love the color of your singlet.I am a fan of red blends. Will have to look for that next time I'm at Total Wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red blends too. I didn't know Alamos made a blend, but I decided to try it.

      Delete
  2. Aw, your singlet! I wash most things cold - it'll be fine! I still have (and wear) my very first singlet from 2013 - they hold up well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was a little surprised the tag said warm water. The colors are so great, I don't want to mess them up.

      Delete
  3. Yay for new gear in the mail. Always exciting to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting new gear. Then I have to try it out on my next workout.

      Delete
  4. Love a good mail day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I get excited when I order stuff, then excited again when it arrives.

      Delete
  5. I haven't had ART yet, although we were just discussing that this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be painful with knots, but I do feel better afterwards.

      Delete