Sunday, May 15, 2016

Tinker Bell Weekend Day 3 part 2

Part 1 finished with my napping for an hour after hitting up Disneyland.  I knew I was tired since I don't normally nap that long.  A normal nap is about 20 minutes.  I almost didn't want to get up, but I still had places to go in DCA, and I needed to stretch and ice first.  I made several trips to the ice machine this trip, but it was worth it.


Since there were a few attractions I still wanted to do in DCA (especially after Friday morning), my first stop in the park was Mike and Sully.  This was another one with a single rider line, so I took advantage of that too.  If anyone here hasn't been on the Mike and Sully ride, it's really very cute, and follows Boo around Monstropolis.  Around the corner is a character stop where I met Sully on my trip in 2013, in his Monster's University jacket.

After Mike and Sully, I went to the Alice Through the Looking Glass sneak peek, which is right next door.  I think this was the theater where Muppet Vision 3-D was because it's the same setup and color scheme as the show.  There must've been a Frozen show before Alice moved in because the doors to the theater were painted like we were in Arendelle.  The show's also in 3-D, I guess to take advantage of the technology leftover from the Muppets.  Let's just say I'm even more excited to see this movie.


After Alice, I went back to Soarin' and Radiator Springs Racers.  Thursday I might've been tired but I was on the side, up high, and the movement of the ride made me slightly dizzy.  I needed to go again and experience Soarin' without the motion sickness creeping in.  It's funny what being exhausted from traveling can do to me.  And the first time I rode Racers, my car lost the race, and my car won this time.  Plus the first car went to Ramone's in the ride, and my second car saw Luigi.  Gotta go multiple times to see everything!

After Racers I grabbed an early-ish dinner since an early race can throw off my eating schedule, and I wanted to head back to Disneyland for a couple more rides.  I was still trying to make it to World of Color, and I thought walking around DL would help.  They had more characters out, but by that time some families were leaving, so it was time to see what I could do in Fantasyland.  I hadn't done Mr. Toad yet, so I went there for a 10 minute wait (score!) but the other rides were still quite busy.  That's OK.  I think I did pretty well on the attractions list considering I was crunched for time around my race.  By that point, I had to go back to the hotel and spoiler alert, I did NOT get to World of Color.  I knew Saturday was going to be my only chance, but after the race, I also knew my chances were slim.  Maybe next time, when I don't have a race.


I finished packing to be ready to head to the airport Sunday.  It turned out Sunday was the sunniest day of the trip, go figure.  I took Monday off from work so I could pick up the furbaby and finish cleaning and running errands.  I saw my chiro and PT both on Monday too, and the good news is I am now good to do PT on my own!  I can check in with her if I need it, but I want to see what I can do.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

22 comments:

  1. What a fun visit to Disney! Good news on the PT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy to be discharged from PT, but it means I have to be extra diligent on my own.

      Delete
  2. World of Color was good, but Paint the Night was my favorite! It's hard to stay up for the nighttime shows with those early wake-up calls though. Good news about your PT! I recently started PT and am hoping we can get things solved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I'd been with people, I could've seen one of the shows. It's always easier for me to stay up if I'm with my friends or family.

      Delete
  3. You are making me miss DL. I bet that was cool to see Alice in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The preview was exciting, but I'll still see it in regular vision, not 3D.

      Delete
  4. I loved running the Tinkerbell races last year and enjoy reading about all the fun you had this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was fun. I'm happy I chose this race to have a comeback and despite the rain, it was cool enough to not get hot.

      Delete
  5. I'm with Meranda/Lacey, hearing all your stories about Disneyland is making me want to go back now, too! I've experienced some motion sickness on a few of the rides after running Wine and Dine - it is tough. Congratulations on being able to do PT on your own - that is a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just me! That's the first time I experienced that on Soarin', and it felt weird.

      Delete
  6. That's great that you no longer need to go the PT!

    I'm just not a Disney person, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me at the beginning that most work is done at home. I'm continuing to do exercises every day so I don't regress.

      Delete
  7. Naturally it would be the sunny day when you leave. Lol that would be my luck too:)
    Sounds like such a fun race trip, bet you were exhausted when you got home.
    Tired but so well worth it I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it'd be sunny in LA when I head to Dallas, where it's raining :-/ I was exhausted, and I took Monday off to finish errands and pick up Allie.

      Delete
  8. Each of my girls was Tinkerbell for Halloween 3 years in a row. Sadly this was before the Tinkerbell race came to be. Can you tell I'd like to run this one? Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was Captain Hook one year :) He was my favorite character, so I had to go with a pirate theme for my outfit.

      Delete
  9. Soarin' was closed for refurbishment the last time I was at WDW. Bummer. Obviously, the rides in CA are different in FL. One of these days, I've got to do the west coast version of Disney! It sounds like a great trip. Congrats from being released from PT. You must have been a very good patient. Thanks for linking with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are different rides, and then the pre-show line setups are different at the same rides. It's fun to walk across the plaza and get to both parks every day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a great trip and cleared for Pt work on your own! Hey I saw where Disney World Sorin got new footage to soar too. Looking forward to seeing it in Nov. It's always a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that too, that it's now going to be around the world. I hope at least one location keeps the California footage because it is still stunning, no matter how many times I ride it.

      Delete
  12. Great news from your PT! I've never been to Disneyland, only Disney World in Orlando a time or two. Looks like a great trip! I experience motion sickness even on the kiddie rides, so theme parks aren't really my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was new, and I was fine on the other rides. I think it was that I was so tired by that point but wanted to keep having fun in the parks.

      Delete