Friday, May 13, 2016

Tinker Bell Weekend Day 3 part 1

Day 3 was the big day, so this post will be split in half.  I was trying to take it easy Thursday and Friday to save my legs for the race, but once the race was over, there was no way I was going to take it easy.  After I crossed the finish line, I had ice strapped to my knee, I grabbed my checked bag, and started the trek back to my hotel.  It wasn't easy since Run Disney seems to be lacking a logistics planner, but hey, I was done with my race, I had my heat sheet, my snack box, and my ice.  When I reached my hotel, the continental breakfast was still going, so after showering and slathering my knee with Icy Hot, I had second breakfast, and caught the shuttle to the parks.

Just like Thursday, my morning park was Disneyland, and after taking a break and napping at the hotel, I went to DCA in the afternoon.  I earned the Dole Whip I was planning to get, but first, there were characters in the concourse before Main Street.  Minnie!


The Dole Whip station opens at 10, so I started on my attractions list.  It was about 9:30, and I figured let other people be first in line and the crowd can disperse a little while I'm on rides.  Since it was still relatively early and families tend to go to Fantasyland first, I was able to hop on to the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion, and Winnie the Pooh.  I passed up Pirates, even though it had a 5 minutes wait.  I'm a purist when it comes to that attraction, and even though I love the first Pirates movie, I didn't think the attraction needed any additions.  By the time I got off WtP, it was definitely past 10, so I made my way to get my celebratory treat.


I earned every ounce of this Dole Whip!  I even opted out of cheesecake the night before because I was waiting for this baby!

As I was finishing the Dole Whip, clouds moved in again and I was feeling a couple rain sprinkles coming down, so since I was already there, I went to the Tiki Room again.  I could sit inside, listen to the birdies sing, and let my treat digest.  By the time the show was over, so was the rain.  The treat was great, as usual, but after the Tiki Room I was getting hungry.  Hungry was the theme of the day.  Two breakfasts, a snack box, and a Dole Whip weren't enough and I needed lunch.  Seriously, it was an "eat all the things" moment.  Thankfully it was almost 11, so I didn't feel bad about heading into Fantasyland to get an early lunch.  Pinocchio's quick service has a flatbread with tomatoes, so that was lunch (after picking off the onions).  And when I was eating, Hook walked by!  He hadn't been on the course, so I rather horked the rest of my lunch and made a dash over to Peter Pan's Night Flight.


Too bad I wasn't wearing my pirate shirt from the race, but I was determined to get a picture with Hook.  He was wondering around Fantasyland for selfies, so I got one too.

After lunch, I went to Tomorrowland to see what the line was like for Buzz Lightyear.  Well, all the lines in Tomorrowland were crazy, and I was starting to crash from being awake before 3:30am, so I decided to head out for a nap, but I made sure to get my Disneyland Starbucks mug first.  Where else am I going to get it?  After that I was set, but more characters were out on Main Street.  A quick detour with Goofy.


I caught the hotel shuttle again, because I was crashing fast by this point.  I ended up passing out for an hour once I got back, and after taking my time waking up and getting ice and stretching, I headed to DCA.  I wanted to see if I could stay awake long enough to see World of Color.


12 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! I so miss Disneyland...must get back there one day soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Disneyland a lot. If it's a short weekend trip, I'd choose DL over WDW.

      Delete
  2. OMG love all of your pictures!! I want a Dole Whip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dole Whips are so good! Since they're only at Disney, or Dole, I can't get them unless I'm there.

      Delete
  3. So much fun. Coveting your Starbucks mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a "want!" moment. One look and I knew I wanted one.

      Delete
  4. I love the feeling after a race, no matter how much pain you are in while running, it magically feels better when it's time to go to the parks.
    I noticed in Disneyland that the characters roam around andd don't have handlers like at WdW. Do you find that to be the case when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still had handlers, but I feel like they're very low key compared to WDW. The handlers take pictures but they let the characters roam around and interact more with guests. I love the characters more in DL because of this.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun day post race. There's no better place to celebrate post race than at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take my time at most other places, but this really was get back to the hotel, clean up, eat breakfast, then get to the parks. An don't forget the medal :)

      Delete
  6. In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room... Ah, just a little song from my childhood! I've never had a Dole Whip. I must investigate. Sounds like a fun post-race day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you need to try the Dole Whips next time you're at Disney. There's nothing like them.

      Delete