Thursday, May 12, 2016

Tinker Bell Weekend Day 2

The first morning in Disneyland always starts early due to jet lag, but I didn't get out of bed until breakfast was served at the hotel.  We get a continental breakfast, and bananas, bagels, cream cheese, and croissants were a good way to start my last day of carbo loading.  The parks didn't open until 9, and I wanted to get to DCA in the morning.  I wanted to get to the sneak peek of Alice in Wonderland because I can't wait to see the movie when it hits theaters.


Spoiler alert, DCA was a bit of a bust that morning.  Alice in Wonderland wasn't up, and Mike and Sully wasn't open either, so I made my way slowly to Toy Story Mania.  The line moved quickly, but after that ride, it was raining.  I brought my flip flops with me to the parks in my runner's check bag, so I switched my sneakers to my flip flops to keep them dry, rolled up my jeans to try to keep those dry, and made my way to the Little Mermaid ride.  With the rain, some rides were down, and after waiting in the park's longest line (Starbucks), I decided Disneyland would be better.  At least most of those rides are inside.


It was more walking around, but I hit up Buzz Lightyear, and I need a re-do at some point.  Buzz Lightyear after TSM meant my forearm muscles were sore, so my score wasn't that good.  I walked around Fantasyland a little bit to see if I any lines were reasonable, which they weren't.  Friday I really meant to get off my feet early, so I started making my way out of the parks and to DTD to get a lunch I could take back to the hotel.  On my way out was another band, outside the castle, playing You Got a Friend in Me and Let It Go.


I grabbed a sandwich, went back to the hotel, and proceeded to get off my feet as much as I could.  Hot tub, shower, stretching, ice, and compression socks.   It was tough not being in the parks, but I needed to rest and take care of a knot I developed in my calf.  Luckily the mini mart by the hotel had Icy Hot.  Dinner was chicken piccata from the Cheesecake Factory since I had it before and knew it wouldn't throw my system off.  I think that's the first time I've been there and didn't order cheesecake.  Again, I took the food back to the hotel, and went to bed early.  My first alarm was set for 3:45.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your park day was kind of a bummer! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't bad for me since I was prepared for the rain, but there were kids already melting down at 10am. It's going to be a long day when that starts that early.

      Delete
  2. What a bummer that the rain had such an impact on the rides that first day! But it sounds like you made the most of it. That was very smart for you to bring flip flops along! Love those colorful compression socks. And isn't Pacific time fabulous for all of us in the Central time zone? It makes the 3:45 AM wakeup call a little easier to take. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about DL races, and that we don't have to be in the corrals so early. Being able to walk there plus still on Central time is much so easier.

      Delete