Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tinker Bell 10k Stats and What's Next

I hope everyone has enjoyed my review of the race and my weekend at Disneyland.  It was busy, and I was tired when I got home, but I'd do it all over again :-)  I have one more post, which is the stats and such for the race.


My outfit:

Raw Threads shirt
Oiselle bra
Running Skirts Track Love skirt
2XU calf sleeves
Running Skirts arm sleeves
ASICS shoes

The playlist:

11 Disney Songs
     Pirates of the Caribbean suite
     Belle
     Zero to Hero
     Kiss the Girl
     Touch the Sky
     Friend Like Me
     Lilo and Stitch Burning Love
     Two Worlds, One Family
     Why Should I Worry?
     Try Everything
     Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

13 Non-Disney Songs
     Chariots of Fire
     Shout
     Bellas Finals
     Rise Above It
     Shut Up and Dace
     Edge of Seventeen
     Star Wars Throne Room and End Titles
     Thunder Road
     Accidentally in Love
     Thunderstruck
     Me Against the Music
     American Woman (original)
     Like a Prayer


Race time: 1:24:49
     First 5k: 43:09
     Second 5k: 41:40

Total miles trained: 85.25

So what's next?  Race wise, I'm not sure.  After I completed this race, my parents asked if I liked it enough to do it again, and they asked it with a leading question for next year.  I answered honestly though: this was a fun weekend, but I intended Tink to be my last Run Disney race for a while.  The prices keep increasing, and I feel there's less and less entertainment on the courses, while the fields keep growing beyond the courses' capacity.

I don't quite know what I'll do next.  I do need a race on the schedule because I have my Oiselle singlet coming.  I need to show it off :)  I do have some unfinished business with the Showdown 5k since my knee problems began again during that race, and the Pumpkin Spice 10k is an option right before Thanksgiving. 


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.   

12 comments:

  1. I did think the course was lacking entertainment this time around. I feel like other Disney races do much better on the entertainment front. I am such a sucker for the races though, I still love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still had a lot of fun running through the parks.

      Delete
  2. I would like to do Tink again if it were closer but I totally understand your reasoning not to. I do agree that the entertainment for Tink was lacking compared to at wdw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to focus on local races now and maybe have my next trip to Disney be a full vacation.

      Delete
  3. Nice job! I've never run Disney and I probably won't since it's so darn expensive. Plus I love Disney as a theme park. I don't need to run it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun perspective running through the parks, but they are expensive. That also means though organization is pretty good.

      Delete
  4. Tink is definitely on my list but it's not one I would be able to do on a regular basis due to travel time and distance. Great job! Love your outfit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm between parks, I have to travel to both coasts. I can't do them that often, and my last Disney trip was in '14.

      Delete
  5. It's always fun to pick another race but I think it can be tough to decide! Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be before the fall to give me more time to focus on self PT, but I'm already looking at the fall calendar.

      Delete
  6. Love your 10k outfit! Its definitely becoming harder and harder to justify the costs of runDisney. I don't understand how some people can run multiple runDisney races every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either, and I like having a bit of time between trips. It keeps things special for me, like a fun reward.

      Delete