Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 5/26

How is it almost June?  Seriously?  I feel like I was just getting ready to fly to Anaheim, and next week is June.  This weekend is the Jimmy Buffett concert, so that rounds out all the fun I had planned for May.  It started fun, and hopefully it'll end fun.


I'm starting to do some research for whatever new sneakers I want to try on later this summer.  I'm not training for anything yet, and my current ASICS are in good condition, but I've heard bad reviews about this year's model, so at some point, maybe August, I'll head to my LRS to get fitted for new shoes.  So far I've found the model equivalent of my shoes in New Balance, Saucony, and Mizuno, so I'll want to try those and compare them to the 3's I have now.

Speaking of shoes, mine picked up a squeak in the right shoe, which has happened in the past.  The heel in ASICS tends to be narrow, and sometimes a squeak comes in, between the narrowness of the heel and the inserts I wear.  When it started a couple years ago in a different pair, the LRS suggested baby power between the insert and the shoe, which does work.  It sounds weird, and I feel weird buying baby powder.  Thankfully it's in a travel-size, and thankfully there are self-checkouts.

Finally, I know my plans on Sunday are to recharge after the concert, and my DVR will help with keeping me on the couch.  The Pre Classic is this Friday and Saturday, and NBCSN and NBC have broadcasts back to back.  Since I'll be tailgating, I'll make sure my DVR is set up to record both broadcasts so I can watch them on Sunday.


Thinking out loud with Amanda.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck finding the right shoes! I'm still searching . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never easy when I have to start over, but I'm very wary of the next ASICS with the bad reviews.

      Delete
  2. What is that luscious-looking creation in the pan that looks like it's about to go into the oven?

    I have trouble with my shoes squeaking, also. It's embarrassing when I'm indoors, like at the gym, but thankfully it's not too noticeable when I'm outside.

    Yay for tailgating, one of my favorite warm-weather activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the key lime bars, right out of the oven. They bake for 10 minutes until they're just set since you don't want to over-bake them.

      Delete