Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Musings 5/2

3 days of work left y'all!  I will be seeing my chiropractor today, and I have one more PT session tomorrow.  In between that, and even at Disney, I'll be doing PT exercises to try to get as much time on the course before I have to walk the rest.  I don't know when that will be.  I've had two strong 4-mile runs, and Saturday I did 3.5.  I have noticed I'm running faster, so instead of trying to slow down and increasing the time spent on my knee, I think I'll let myself run how I want, if given the chance.  I don't know how crowded it will be, but if I have room, I'll run based on how I feel, and I'll stick to my 1/1 intervals.  When the time comes and I need to walk, then OK.  I just hope I'm a good way in to DCA before I have to do that.  Who knows, if there are characters in DCA, maybe I'll stop for pictures.


It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I'm still not done yet.  I test drove the Mazda CX-5 on Saturday, and now I have a lot to think about.  The CX-5 and Honda CRV are VERY similar.  There's not much the separates them, so it'll come down to how I feel driving them and I what I want down the road.  I'm hesitant to get the CX-5 because of the quirk my Mazda 3 has picked up.  I don't want to be dealing with the same thing in 6 or 7 years.  Since I have Disneyland this weekend, I have time to think, but I want to test drive the CRV again, when I get back.


I got to Pure Barre yesterday, and the teacher tortured our PB ledge/the seat.  I wasn't going to go to Pure Barre this past week to prep for Tink, but since I'm trying to get as much strength work done, I went.  I really like the classes, and I feel accomplished when I survive another class.  Yes, that's survive.  It's hard, but worth it.

The carb loading started this weekend too.  I made my "healthy comfort food" and since I forgot to buy parmesan cheese, no parmesan topping.  Just the pasta, chicken, and veggies - carrots, red bell peppers, and tomatoes.  I have a frozen lasagna for this week too.  I'm one who ups my carbs the whole week leading to the race, not just the night before.  I know there's a California Pizza Kitchen near my hotel, so guess what I'm getting Friday night.  There's a mini-fridge in my room, so that makes it easy.  This is one of the things I love about Disneyland.  I can walk to outside restaurants and not be stuck on Disney property.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

22 comments:

  1. Excited for you and race week! Sounds like you've got a great plan in place and you've done everything in your power to get the very best out of your knee. I think you're going to be great! I only went to one PB class so far. I need more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've tried everything to get as much done on the course before walking. I hope it all comes together on race morning.

      Delete
  2. I love your plan...can't wait to hear how Tink goes for you! Safe travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have a couple of posts for Tink :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a good trip! It sounds like you've got a good plan for the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe the trip is almost here. I booked everything in August!

      Delete
  4. I have to be careful with the carbs -- not enough and of course I don't have enough energy. Too much and I retain water like crazy. I think I've got it mostly down by now, but traveling always makes it interesting -- you never quite know what you'll have access to!

    Sounds like you're all ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Disneyland for just that reason. There are so many places I can eat and find healthy foods, all within walking distance.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are ready to go for your race! Rest up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. I'm still getting phantom pains in my feet, but I'm sticking with sneakers this week and no dress shoes.

      Delete
  6. 3 days, woot woot! Hope they go by fast for ya!!!
    You're going to have an awesome race weekend, hope you have a great time and a great race!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hear the 10k's at DL are a lot of fun, and the course has so much park time. I'm excited.

      Delete
  7. You fuel with pizza the night before a race too? Hey hey! You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends, but pizza is an option. I like places like CPK or Macaroni Grill because if I want pasta, I can get light pasta dishes, and if I want pizza, I can get thin crust and it's not greasy.

      Delete
  8. Super excited for you to nail Tinker Bell! I like your race plan and I say you can never go wrong with running based on how you are feeling at that moment. If there are characters, definitely take pictures with them! I totally relate to the feeling of surviving PB classes, too. They are no joke and they NEVER get easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PT said at the beginning strength also means speed. I've been trying to go slow that when I took off on a run last week, I was amazed at how speedy I was getting. Not 6.2-miles worth but if I start that way, I don't mind positive splits.

      Delete
  9. It sounds like your PT is going well. Enjoy Tink! I'd just run by feel. The most important thing is to have fun. I think you might surprise yourself and run the whole thing anyway. Make a wonderful memory this weekend Lesley! Thanks for linking with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the crowds will be, but if I have room and I want to go faster, I'll let myself go faster.

      Delete
  10. Now that is exactly the attitude you need going into this! Good luck to you and YOUR race!
    I have really been watching my carbs this week, course I don't have another race so I don't feel the guilt of carb-loading. My 5lbs I found during marathon training has turned into 7 so it is time to do something different. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have my post up tomorrow. I did finish carbo loading, but not too much.

      Delete
  11. Yay race week is finally here! Safe travels to Disney and I hope you have a great time. It sounds like you've got a good plan in place going into the race. Character photos will be a good excuse to give your knee a break!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan kind of went out the window, but it still ended up being a good race.

      Delete