Friday, May 27, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Since Monday is a holiday, instead of recapping my weekend, I'll write my plans here.  I'm trying to have a good balance since Saturday will be so busy.  At least it is a 3-day weekend, and with everything going on, I still have 2 days to relax.


1) Jimmy Buffett concert.  Some people in my party are heading up early, but too early for me.  I'll meet up with them in the afternoon.  I made the key lime bars Wednesday afternoon, and I cooked the shrimp last night.  Last night was also an impromptu rest day.  I did around the world lunges Wednesday while the key lime bars were baking, and those always get my inner thighs.  DOMS settled during work yesterday, so I decided to give my legs a rest day.

2) For the first time, I carved up a whole pineapple to prep for the shrimp I made.  Believe it or not, I was not influenced by Pinterest for the shrimp finger foods I'm making.  It was a mass email from Margaritaville.   Each shrimp is toothpicked to a chunk of pineapple for the perfect tailgate dish and easy eating.  I need to get the toothpicks on Saturday, and I'll finish assembling the food.  Don't worry, I'll take pictures.

3) The Pre Classic.  This one will be on the DVR since Saturday's events are happening in the afternoon.  The first broadcast will be on NBCSN, then on NBC right after.  I can watch both broadcasts on Sunday since I don't plan to do much that day.  I don't know when I'll get home after the concert, but an easy day and staying in bed late seems to be perfect.


4) Alice Through the Looking Glass.  This will be a Monday thing, but I've been excited about this movie since the first trailer was shown, and I saw the preview at DCA.  It won't be 3D, like the preview.  I've never liked the 3D movie concept, so it'll be a normal showing.

5) My Pure Barre studio is having classes on Monday, but on a modified schedule.  I've signed up for the first class after Platform, so the weekend won't be devoid of workouts. 


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

17 comments:

  1. A Jimmy Buffet concert sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a long holiday weekend. The food sounds perfect too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, and a really great concert. The food was great and the shrimp disappeared pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness those shrimp sound amazing!! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you have a great weekend! I too am supposed to see Alice this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Alice. I know the movie has mixed reviews, but I don't pay attention to the critics. I've been waiting for this movie since it was confirmed.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! We're going to see Paul Simon, which is more my husband's thing than mine, but it would be nice if the forecast didn't suck & it's an outdoors concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting quite a bit of rain today, so we lucked out last night. It wasn't too hot either and the night was perfect for a concert.

      Delete
  4. I'm on the fence about seeing Alice. Tim Burton's stuff kinda freaks me out sometimes and I have such fond memories of the original Disney cartoon version that I don't know if I want to ruin it. Haha. I'll wait for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tim Burton films, but I know how you feel. I feel exactly the same way about the live Beauty and the Beast. I love the animated movie and the Broadway play, and am scared about the live action.

      Delete
  5. Have fun at the Jimmy Buffet concert. My friends go to one every yr. I have never been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a few newcomers yesterday and they're hooked. Jimmy knows how to put on a show.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans- Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing this is a 3-day weekend. I can spread things out a lot more, and I was able to be lazy today.

      Delete
  7. I saw Jimmy Buffett a few times back in the day. I'm so surprised at what a spectacle he's become! But so fun! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the people-watching at the tailgate. That's half the fun of the concert, and I know people who tailgate and don't bother getting tickets.

      Delete
  8. That food sounds SO good! I would also absolutely love to go to a Buffett concert some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an experience. He knows how to entertain, and the tailgate is so much fun with all the people watching.

      Delete