Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Buying Running Gear

Buying running gear is part of the fun for this whole running thing.  There are a lot of ways I can get the gear I want, but lately, it's all ended up on my Christmas and birthday lists.  Why not?  As long as I'm running and there's gear out there, chances are my family will always be able to get ideas for me.  If not, gift cards to running stores is always good too.  Sometimes it's more fun to spend the gift cards, like I did for my birthday and got a Oiselle bra and a Raw Threads shirt.  They're part of my race outfit that I posted to Instagram yesterday.  The Running Skirt was a Christmas gift.


One thing I'll always get at my LRS though is running shoes.  I always want to make sure a new model fits well, and my 10.5 shoe size makes it difficult to go to Dick's or DSW to pick up a pair.  I'll order a pair online if it's on sale, but most of the time, it's the LRS for me.  In fact, this summer, I get to be fitted for shoes again.  Since running shoe companies are constantly changing their models and fit, I always need to do research before I buy a new pair.  The online shopping comes later if I really like the pair and I'm seeing if I can find a good bargain for a second pair.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.   

18 comments:

  1. I buy most of my running shoes online, but about once a year I'll go to a LRS & get refitted and buy a pair.

    Sadly, most of my family is not on the gift card train. I think they're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift cards are fun! I got Visa gift cards for my birthday and I got to get so many different things.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's my first one from Raw Threads, and I love it! I fits almost perfectly.

      Delete
  3. I get fitted for new shoes once every two years or so, and the rest of the time I buy the previous years' model online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to look for the previous model if it's one I like. My current shoes are last year's models and I love them.

      Delete
  4. Raw threads puts out some very cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, and I ordered another shirt a couple weeks ago, and chose the expo pick up option.

      Delete
  5. I always have to try on new models too at my local running store bc some brands make such big changes from their previous models that I don't end up liking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Asics did that a few years ago and my feet hated the changes. I'll get fitted again this summer since the 4's have such mixed reviews.

      Delete
  6. I've been burned on stocking up running shoes to learn later the fit had changed. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't stock up, but I like having an extra pair as I start to wear down the cushion during training. New shoes and new cushion is so much better.

      Delete
  7. I am with you on the frustration with ASICS. I used to wear the Gel Cumulus design and LOVED it - but then they changed it and it hasn't worked for me ever since. Why do they fix things that aren't broken? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes work so well, and then they can't stop changing the shoes. It's so frustrating because I used ASICS for so many years.

      Delete
  8. I buy my shoes online--I've been wearing Asics Gel Nimbus forever and it's pretty simple for me! Even though they've tweaked the shoe, I haven't had any issues with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find a good pair, I'll go online to see what I can get. I always get fitted so I know what will work.

      Delete
  9. Christmas is a great time to ask for running related items you may not purchase for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it easy for my family and friends to get ideas. I never run out.

      Delete