Thursday, May 19, 2016

3 Things Thursday 5/19

It's back to the regular program!  I loved recapping Disneyland, but I wrapped it up on Tuesday.  Today is the randomness that is Thursday.


1) Any NCIS fans out there?  After Tuesday, I'm done.  Between Michael Weatherly leaving and what they did with other characters, it's time for me to step away.  I kept watching after Cote de Pablo left, but after buying season 7 on DVD, I saw how much the dynamics changed, and I was pretty sure I'd stop watching after DiNozzo left the team.  That little voice inside my head kept saying let's see how his final episode is, and I have my answer.  I'll stop watching the new stuff and keep watching the old episodes.  I have seasons 8, 9, and 10 left to get, and I'll stop there.

2) I chose a new car and it is the CX-5!  I signed my potential first born away yesterday to finalize the loan :-p  As a coworker said, wait till you buy a house.  I'm not there yet!  I THOUGHT I was going to go with a CRV, but the dealership put extras on the car and jacked up the price, then they wouldn't appraise my car until everything was signed.  Um, that's not how this works.  Those two elements spurred me to test drive the CX-5 again, and I liked it more than the CRV.  The car is beautiful, and was brought down from Wichita Falls for me :-)  After having a CX-3 loaner for 5 days, I'm really happy I bumped up to the 5.  The CX-3 is basically my first Mazda as a cross-over.


3) Finally, anybody else break out in random spots after races?  How about after buying a car (hasn't happened yet)?  I know the body can be "off" after a major race, but I felt like I was 12 again, but in weird places.  I had a zit behind each ear along the hair line, a zit on the cartilage of an ear, and one on my *elbow*.  What?  Yes, on my elbow.  I don't think that's ever happened before.  The other two are in normal spots, on my face :-/  Next up, after all this, I'm expecting a mother of a head cold, which is the normal setting for my head colds.  Maybe I should put Airborne on my grocery list.


Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the car! I don't know that I break out after races but I do feel like I often get sick after goal races. I think the body is just worn down and has a hard time fighting things off at that point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have felt worn down before, and I always take a couple weeks off after a race. This time I still did strength training, but I haven't run yet.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the new car! It sounds like you made the right decision!!!

    I stopped watching NCIS after Ziva left. I can't imagine what it'll be like after Tony leaves. I am honestly surprised the show is still on the air anymore with all the changes. I think it ran its course a long time ago.

    Yes on the breakouts! I've had recent zits on my chin, nose, and hairline. The sad part is that I've been getting more and more grey hair - and how bad is it to have both grey hair and pimples at the same time? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read NCIS was renewed for 2 more years. My mom said she'd continue to watch, but I can't anymore. It's nothing against the new cast members and I wish them well.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new car! And I seriously feel like I break out after anything stressful or big happens... and it's usually kind of along my jaw line near my ears. Gotta love them hormones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I was 13 again instead of 31. And I found another one a couple days ago. I don't want to overuse my facial scrub but come on!

      Delete
  4. Your new car is so pretty!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked the blue online and it's prettier in person.

      Delete