Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 4/14

I had dry needling for the first time on Tuesday.  My PT also specializes in that technique, and my IT band was a little tight, so she did some Graston and ended sticking a needle in my knee.  In 4 separate places.  The second place was the trigger point and it made me squeak.  Have I mentioned on here how squeamish I am around needles?  I just stared at the ceiling while she did this, but I felt the fascia finally relaxing, which is the whole point.  Now I'm thinking I need it on my left side.


*****

I'm starting to wade into the market for a new car.  My current one is fine, but it seems to have picked up a quirk with its start up sequence.  It did it last year at this time and it's here again.  I'm taking it in on Monday for them to have a look, but I am curious to see what else Mazda has.  The CX-3 has caught my eye with its all-wheel drive.  Now that my parents are in Colorado, my mom's trying to get me to move closer, and I would absolutely need AWD in Denver.  I've never had an AWD car in the snow before, and front-wheel's interesting to say the least.  Not to mention I haven't driven in snow since I moved from Boston over 7 years ago.

*****

And holy cow!  This morning I saw a bobcat at work.  The campus has areas of trees, and certainly lots of rabbits and squrrels for predators to hunt.  We've had hawks for years, but this is the first time I saw a bobcat.  At first I thought it was one of the feral cats, but it kept coming in my direction, and feral cats are wary of humans and stay away.  Since it kept coming, I thought it could be a stray, but then it turned I saw the bobbed tail.  Holy cow again!  It was small, so it must've been a young'un - it is spring after all.  Then I saw the facial fur tufts more clear and yup, it was a bobcat.  I wish I had gotten a picture, but I was too busy staring.

Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

12 comments:

  1. IMS needling hurts but it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strange, but then I could feel my ITB relaxing a little bit more. It was just feeling the needle go right in to the trigger point. Ouch!

      Delete
  2. So crazy about the bobcat! I don't have anything like that near where we live, but we do get bears right outside our backyard fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would do if I saw a bear. Thankfully we don't have those in the suburbs.

      Delete
  3. That's cool that you saw the bobcat! Are they dangerous or will they mostly stay away from humans? I've never heard of dry needling before. I'm glad it helped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're human safe but are dangerous to small animals. I hear reports of small dogs being carried off when bobcats are hungry enough.

      Delete
  4. I've never had dry needling done, but I've heard from many that they really feel it works!
    Very cool about seeing the Bobcat, we have them all over our mountains here, but I haven't seen one in years, they like to hide from us. Wild animals are always incredible to see! Odd it was out around humans, but maybe it was just kicked out from mom and it's trying to find it's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look like a juvenile, around the time they do set out on their own. Coyotes and bobcats are becoming a little more prevalent as Dallas suburbs grow north.

      Delete
  5. I"ve never had dry needling and I don't think I want to! Ouch!

    I see coyotes on my run but no bobcats. I don't think there are any around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting, and honestly, outside of hitting a trigger point, I didn't feel them. I still didn't look.

      Delete
  6. Aww, cool about the bobcat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was starting to think "kitty!" and then I saw its tail. OK, feline yes, kitty no.

      Delete