Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Taper Time for Tink

It's taper time!!  I had my last long run on Saturday per my PT's recommendation.  I've had 2 building weekends in a row, and will pull back this Saturday do maybe a 5k distance, maybe a little bit more.  I did 4.15 miles on Saturday, which isn't as far as I would've liked heading into this training cycle, but PT put my building on hold for a couple weeks while I made progress in strength.  When I started PT, my ceiling before my ITB started twinging was a little under 3 miles, and now it's right about 4 miles.  This time last year I was making progress towards 2 miles so I will absolutely take it.


I have a little under 2 weeks to go, and I will be VERY diligent with my PT exercises at home.  I've seen the progress I've made already, and will work to get every last ounce possible before I'm in the starting corrals.  Since I have so many take-home exercises, I have lots of opportunity of mixing things up so I'm not doing the same stuff over and over again.


I also decided to have a little bit of fun Sunday.  I took out some songs from my running playlist and put some new ones in.  Gotta keep it fresh.  The list is about 1.5 hours long, which I hope will be enough time.  If not, I'll start it over.  I've got a good mix of Disney songs, movies Disney acquired (Star Wars), and some non-Disney running music.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.   

16 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder: My playlist needs freshening as well. Happy taper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding more songs I want to move out. I might have to tweak it again this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you healing vibes for the rest of your taper! You're gonna rock your race. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PT did some dry needling again yesterday. Hopefully that means I can get more miles during the race.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy putting a playlist together before my races. Enjoy your taper before the big race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's part of my taper process. I've listened to the same songs for training, now I need something fresh.

      Delete
  4. Have the best time at Tink- give the Red Hat Ladies a big hug from me. I sure miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard all about them and this'll be my first time seeing them.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the taper and don't let it make you go crazy! Love making a new playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having phantom pains :-/ They always happen so I knew I was in taper mode.

      Delete
  6. I gotta say the sports massage REALLY helped my IT, and it wasn't even bothering me that much!

    Really got to go & do my own PT stretches . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might schedule a massage for the afternoon when I get back. It'll be nice to start the recovery with that.

      Delete
  7. Its always exciting to be in taper mode! Hard to believe that Tink is right around the corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My countdown is in the single digits now, and I signed up back in August. How did it get here already?

      Delete
  8. Enjoy that taper and good luck at the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to nail down a distance for tomorrow's run that isn't building mileage, but is a good distance to say it's my last weekend run.

      Delete