Friday, April 1, 2016

Oldies Workout

This will be another music post.  On Wednesday, Kim posted about being raised on classic rock music, and I have to say I was too.  A lot of my workout song choices are influenced by classic rock, MUCH more than current songs.  I'd say 80%-ish of my music are all songs my parents played when I was growing up, and any current songs lean towards country or soundtracks - the most recent song I bought is Shakira's from Zootopia.

1) the Doors - Break on Through (To the Other Side)


2) Lynyrd Skynrd - Free Bird

3) Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

4) the Eagles - Take It Easy (Live version from Hell Freezes Over)


5) Born to Run

There are tons more on my iPod, but these 5 are great to run to, either the lyrics, melody, maybe both, make them fun songs and great to run to.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Those are all stellar tunes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was inspired since I didn't really know what to write about. I have a ton of oldies that I run to.

      Delete
  2. Flashback to high school! They are good running tunes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I listen to the radio, I'm always thinking "this could be a good running song."

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Always goodies, and fun songs. Classic rock songs have such good beats to set my pace.

      Delete
  4. I don't run with music anymore, but Born to Run -- definitely makes my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be cliche, but I can't beat a good Springsteen song.

      Delete
  5. I have "Running Down A Dream" on my playlist, too! I love ALL Eagles songs. Bruce is so classic, too. It might sound cheesy but I love "Dancing In The Dark"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called classic rock for a reason. They're all great songs, and I know the words to them so much better than current songs.

      Delete
  6. My bf loves 80s music, I'll have to show him this list. He'll prob agree with most of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole list for '80s music. Those are a lot of fun :)

      Delete