Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday Musings 4/4

Last week was a little different workout wise since I started PT.  I skipped my run on Wednesday to play if safe with the big knot in my leg, and because I wasn't sure what I should be doing around PT.  It felt weird, and part of me didn't like it since I had been so good at strictly keeping on my schedule.  I did start the plan early to allow for some bumps in the road, and here I am.


I posted about my first day, the assessment, and then Thursday, I got another set of exercises to do at home.  I did those at PT on Thursday, and right now we're doing things I can do at home.  If we're using equipment, it's equipment I have access to.  I'm sure we'll build up to the TRX stuff, but right now it's all exercises I can do outside of PT.  I have set 1 and set 2, and she said do those on rotating days so I do them every day, but not on PT days.  This should help build me up and hopefully get me back on schedule soon.

My run went well on Saturday.  I did 3.5 on the treadmill since I didn't know how much I wanted to do, and I thought I'd just go until I felt a got to a good number.  I felt like I could've gone farther, but the knee was feeling good, and I still had PT set #2 to do.  I used my new shoes to in order to test them out, and the brand new cushioning feels great.  It's like I have a little extra bounce in my steps.


To make things even better Saturday, I had my first blue bonnet sighting!  They've been blooming south of here, but I hadn't seen them yet in my area.  I decided to go looking a little bit, starting with the nature preserve near my old apartment.  Bingo!  Of course I took pictures :)


Sunday I met my cousin for lunch, which is always the Cheesecake Factory, then some shopping.  The weather was even better than Saturday's, and when I got home, I opened the back door with the screen door shut, and Allie parked herself in front of the door and sniffed and prowled.  Squirrel!  
I did my PT set #1 with some 10-minute glutes and a 10-minute Pure Barre.  I am a little sore today, which I'm happy about.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: PT assessment, PT homework #1

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: PT appointment, PT homework #2

Friday: PT homework #1

Saturday: 3.5 miles, yoga, PT homework #2

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad the PT seems to be going well so far! It sounds like a good plan to kind of see how it goes and then add in other exercises (like running) once you get it figured out. That's great that so far they are using equipment that you have access to. When I was in high school I had knee surgery and my PT was always assigning me things to do at home that I couldn't, because I didn't have the equipment. What's the point of that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! She has TRX stuff, and she said we'll build up to those, but all the exercises I have for homework can be done with minimal equipment.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the PT is going well. The blue bonnets are lovely. I got some tulips for Easter and every time I look at them I am anxious for Springs arrival (and for it to actually stay)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to the blue bonnets in the spring. It's like it isn't spring until I see them.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like things are going well! I'm glad the shoes are working out nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both pairs are working great, and it's nice to have the backup pair in case I want to use those during the race instead.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear PT is going well for you. I start next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! My chiro said the at-home exercises are vital to the success. I'll keep doing these on top of extra exercises to keep targeting my weaknesses.

      Delete
  5. Seems like all the cool kids are doing PT. I got a couple of more exercises to add in today, but he thinks that should be it! I hope so for all the extra time I'm spending on it.

    And we're having a big spring snowstorm, so just chew on that when you start complaining about the heat down thee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not complaining about the heat yet. That'll happen during the summer :-p

      Delete
  6. Glad PT is working out well for you! Keep up with the "at home, PT homework" and you'll be done with PT and back to being strong and running as you want in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. He said I'm stabilized more even after just one week of PT. I felt really good on my weekend run, but I'll give myself more time before I test out a building run.

      Delete
  7. Good job keeping up with all the PT! Hopefully it will start paying off soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I know a 10k isn't too far, but I don't want to go in undertrained.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear that PT is going well so far. Hope it continues that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, and I'm feeling all the exercises where I should be. Session #3 is today.

      Delete
  9. Just like everyone else I too am glad to read your PT work is doing the job! Keep it up! Ohhh the flowers are so pretty too! Thanks for linking up with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue bonnets are so pretty to me because it's hard to find a true "blue" colored flower. I think you will enjoy your PT. I started with 3 times weekly, then 2 and now 1. Would you believe I've never been to the Cheesecake Factory? What's wrong with me? Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete