Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Musings 4/25

Yes, I'm still here.  I missed posting on Thursday because I was adulting and researching cars, then Friday I had PT in the morning.  I didn't get around to writing a post for either day.  It was a hectic/chaotic/challenging week.  There was also some good news/fun stuff, but I was very happy to reach the weekend, and even then I was busy.


To start with, I had to take my car to the dealership on Monday for them to look at something it's doing, and of course it wouldn't do it.  I'm beyond frustrated and am looking at trading it in for a new car.  It's 7 years old, and not even at 60K yet.  I have 3 models in mind, all crossovers.  My mom keeps saying she wishes I lived closer to her and my dad since they moved to Colorado 2 years ago, so to keep my options open, I want all-wheel drive.  I'll need that if I ever move up there because hello, snow!  AWD would be nice to have in Dallas too because the concrete roads can get rather slick after it's rained.

On Tuesday, my PT said after we finish up this week, I can go down to one PT session a week!  I'm very happy to hear that.  Of course I'll be doing all kinds of PT exercises at home.  I keep getting more and more, and with my workout DVDs on top of PT, plus Pure Barre, I can get some pretty good strength training sessions in.  I've been soaking up everything she's teaching me, and I want to order at least 1, if not 2 more Pure Barre DVDs for the summer.

Tuesday I also joined the Oiselle Volee!  Ever since Oiselle piqued my interest last year, I'd been reading about bloggers writing about the Volee and meeting up with team members at races, which of course lead me to reading about the Volee on Oiselle's website.  The mission struck a cord with me, and I signed up for email notices for the next window of opportunity.  I can't wait for my goodies to get here, which they said will be in 6 weeks, so I have plenty of time to do Tink and get back home.


My knee brace/sleeve arrived on Thursday.  I wore it at PT on Friday, and when I biked for my cross-training on Friday as well.  I biked last week on Friday before my 4 miles, and I felt my legs were loose when I woke up, so I gave it another try.  I'd really like to put my feet up on Fridays, but the fitness room was quiet, and I should do a little more cross-training cardio in my normal schedule.  The past two weekends I've done 4 miles or a little over, so the Friday biking might be helping.  I wonder what I can do at Disneyland to replicate that before the race.


Finally, after a busy Saturday of my last long run, test driving the CRV, and an allergy attack, I was craving Tex Mex.  This is what happens when my friends start posting Tex Mex to social media.  Not fair!  They didn't even have to peer pressure me, my brain started craving Tex Mex.  I tried to go a healthier option, ie no cheese, but I still had sopapillas.  I don't regret a thing.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.
*****

Monday: 2 miles + PT exercises

Tuesday: PT 

Wednesday: 2.5 miles + PT exercises

Thursday: PT exercises

Friday: PT + 30 minutes bike

Saturday: 4.15 miles + PT exercises

Sunday: Pure Barre

18 comments:

  1. You have no idea how we miss Tex Mex! There is none here. A few Mexican restaurants, none of them very good.

    I've had my car 16 years . . . I just sort of wish it could last another 16! Good luck in your search.

    And congrats on joining Oiselle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one good restaurant in Boston, and it had the stamp of approval from a friend from Houston.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the car search. It's so nerve wracking. And congrats on being down to 1 PT session per week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The test drive wasn't bad, but all the time I put into research? Once I narrowed down what I want, the search became easier.

      Delete
  3. Car searching...so much fun! I love my SUV! Good luck to you! Yay for PT only one day per week! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I talk to says AWD is the best. I think once I go AWD, I won't be able to go back.

      Delete
  4. I feel your pain with intermittant mechanical issues that don't show up during the moment of diagnosis! Super frustrating, but I hope your car search goes well. Yay for the reduced PT - isn't that the best feeling to know the body is healing and making progress? Congrats on joining Oiselle. Can you share more about the process for doing so? I've heard bits and pieces but don't know the full story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I can post that on Thursday. It was easy, but I'll provide the links to where I went.

      Delete
  5. Car stuff is so annoying! Hope you get it all figured out! Congrats on getting down to 1 day per week of PT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy when she said once per week, but that also means I have to do more on my end.

      Delete
  6. So sorry your car is acting up. Such a pia. I see things about Oiselle everywhere, yet I have no real clue what the difference between flock and volee even is. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Flock and Volee are the same (?), but the Haute Volee are the elites.

      Delete
  7. Les I know exactly what you mean about falling behind on your blogging. I did not do a single post between this weeks WW and last week's WW! So not like me too. I guess I can use Adulting too. I hope to do better this week. Glad your PT is working out great for you, yes keep doing your homework it will pay off for you progress is progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I can keep up, but last week got chaotic so I put blogging on hold until the weekend. So much was going on but this week has been better.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, my car skips but won't do it for the mechanic. I understand. Congrats to doing so well in PT that you've been "demoted" to once a week! I didn't post between WWs. My job is crazy right now. I'm so excited that Tink is almost here! Thanks for linking with us Lesley. Good luck with the car search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More testing driving this weekend. After that, I'll have a bit to think about during my trip. I won't get anything until after that's happened.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on Oiselle Volee! That's exciting, and it looks like a great group to be involved with. The camaraderie at races will be fun.

    Good luck with your car search. We bought a new Ford Explorer last month and buying a new car is such a process! I spent months researching SUVs before narrowing down to three. Once I got to that point, though, it didn't take me long to settle on the Explorer after test driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I started thinking about a new car at New Year's. I was mostly thinking about what I'd like in a new car, so that helped narrow down the search before I started collecting info.

      Delete