Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday Musings 4/18

Happy Marathon Monday!  If any of y'all are running today, good luck!  If anyone wants to watch or record the race, it's on NBC Sports for those of us outside of Boston.  I've got my DVR ready since I don't know if I'll have time to pull the race up online.  BAA.org should have the online broadcast.


Last week was exciting in that the Official Event guide for Tink is online.  I did a little happy dance in my chair at work, and thankfully I'm in an office.  No one saw that happy wiggle.  To add excitement for the expo, I ordered a shirt from Raw Threads, and chose the "pick up at expo" option.  I've scoped out where their booth will be so I can be in and out of the expo as quickly as possible.  Bib, D&B bag, Raw Threads shirt.


And waivers!!  Waivers posted Saturday and I printed it off :-)  I have my bib number too, and I did 4 pain free miles on Saturday.  I was feeling motivated with Marathon Monday coming up and I was so happy to get 4 miles done.  My ITB was tired by the end, and probably would've twinged if I had done more.  But I was aiming for 4 miles, and I stopped at 4.  I also ordered a knee brace for ITB, for some extra stability.  I love REI because when I ordered it from there, they knocked off $30 from the retail price.  I would've ordered from the retailer, but shipping was $13, so I wanted to see what REI would charge.  When I added the brace to my REI cart, I saw the discount.  Bonus!


Sunday was a very lazy day.  We have days of t-storms ahead of us, and Sunday was the first day.  It rained in the morning, and since I'd already done my grocery shopping, I sat on the couch and snuggled with Allie.  I did go to Pure Barre, so it wasn't all laziness, and now when I'm at Pure Barre, I'm focusing on what my PT has said in order to engage the glutes and hips.  I'm definitely feeling the seat exercises by focusing on her advice.  I can't wait to wear my new Raw Threads shirt to class.


I decided to nest with the rainy day and I made chocolate chip cookies :)

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.


*****

Monday: 2 miles, PT exercises

Tuesday: PT

Wednesday: 2 miles, PT exercises

Thursday: PT

Friday: 15 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes bike, PT exercises

Saturday: 4 miles, PT exercises

Sunday: Pure Barre

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! I'm have baa.org up on my computer and am hoping to catch some of the action live :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to some of it but I had a lot to do yesterday morning.

      Delete
  2. I've got Boston set to record on my DVR, too! Looking forward to watching it this evening after work. It's always exciting to get official race day stuff and start planning your day. I'm glad your Saturday run was pain free! Hopefully all of that PT is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NBCSports broadcast had a lot of talking. I know they're showing the Olympics, but I might have the races on mute.

      Delete
  3. We had amazing weather here this weekend, but I won't lie, it was a little warm for running! I think that's what they are having in Boston today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it was warmer than expected. April is such an unknown in Boston and the weather can be anything.

      Delete
  4. Our weather has done a complete 180 since last weekend when it snowed like crazy and I bagged my race due to ice. It's been 82 and sunny for days and I drip sweat when I run. Go figure. I loved the Boston feed and now I'm watching all my friends finish virtually! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of high school friends ran last year, but I didn't see anyone posting they were doing it this year.

      Delete
  5. The cookies look great, YUM I haven't had cookies in a long time, oh no, now I am craving cookies, LOL
    Hope you enjoy watching Boston a little more than I did. I tried to watch it, but lost interest pretty quick. I won't say why, I don't want to ruin anything for you.
    Have fun watching it tonight, and eating more of those yummy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had bought cookies at the store, then craved homemade cookies. That store-bought cookies are unopened and waiting.

      Delete
  6. Yay, for waivers and bib numbers and all that jazz! I'm very excited for you. I'm currently wearing my tink shirt now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't gotten an email from RD, but I was stalking the website once the official guide was posted.

      Delete
  7. Great job! I wasn't able to watch the race due to being stuck in a training all day. Hopefully the weather clears up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still quite gloomy, but I don't think our chances of rain are as high as they were. I don't mind sprinkles, and we really do need it, but not all at once.

      Delete
  8. Yay for Tink and the REI discount and the 4 pain-free miles!!! I've done that happy wiggle in my desk many times, too. It's a good thing. =) I wasn't able to watch the race since my computer is easily visible to all passing by, but I am looking forward to hearing all the news updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end was entertaining since the winner was 37 seconds behind the two front runners. I think it was a combo of her surging and the two front runners dragging.

      Delete
  9. You need to post a picture of your new Raw Threads shirt! There would be no way I could just go in and out of an expo so fast. I still want to see EVERYTHING!!
    Good job on your miles and yay to no pain! Thanks Leslie for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly post it, both on Instagram, and my blog recap. I saw it and wanted that design right away.

      Delete
  10. Those Disney expos are intense and overwhelming to me. I like your in and out quickly strategy. It's wonderful you ran 4 miles without any pain. I was traveling Monday and didn't see any of the marathon. Had I been at work, I wouldn't have missed any of it. HA! Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took my time at my first expo, but now I want to spend more time in the parks. My plan is to get to the parks in the morning, get lunch, then take my time getting to the expo. Then back to the hotel to drop everything off.

      Delete