Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday Musings 4/11

I might have Disneyland on my brain more and more.  I had another painting class Thursday, and decided to bring my own template:



The instructor did recommend glitter glue if I wanted to make it sparkle, but I like how it turned out.  I'll hang this up at work with some of my other paintings.

Thursday I asked my PT about how much running I should be doing during this strength training period, and she actually said she'd prefer me to run more consistently.  I put running during the week on hold to get a feel for all the PT exercises, but she wants me running more frequently during the week, and running low mileage for each run.  She said 2-3 miles max, 5-6 times a week.  I don't know if I have the time to do 5-6 runs a week, but I can increase the number of times of I do run.  I'll aim for 3-4 times a week with my long runs still on Saturdays.

Saturday I got outside and ran 3.1 miles.  Saturday wasn't a building day, but it did feel good to hit 3 miles again.  This week I plan to do those small mileage runs multiple times, to do what my PT wants, and I'll see if that helps with the consistency needed to build the rest of the distance.  I just need to figure out what days those will work.  I always seem to be shifting my schedule around.  Since I've already gotten 4 miles in one run, I just need 2 more miles in one go.


The DVDs I ordered during the week arrived on Sunday.  I have to wonder how Amazon can get packages to be delivered on Sundays when the post office doesn't deliver on Sundays.  It was a nice surprise, and I started watching NCIS season 7.  It's got one of the best ever episodes to kick off the season, and while watching that, I made the tough decision to stop watching the show when Michael Weatherly leaves at the end of this season.  He's so much a part of the show, the atmosphere is going to be so different.  Watching this season made me realize what the episodes were like before Ziva left, and I miss it.


*****

Monday: chiro appointment, PT exercises

Tuesday: PT

Wednesday: PT exercises

Wednesday: PT

Friday: PT exercises

Saturday: 3.1 miles, PT exercises

Sunday: Pure Barre

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with the runs this week! That's interesting that the PT said to increase the number of times you run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wants me to be more consistent, instead of doing two bigger runs, she wants multiple small runs, then a long run.

      Delete
  2. I love the Disney themed painting! Best of luck with your running this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That saying was in my head last Thursday so I went looking for a template.

      Delete
  3. The Disney themed painting is fabulous! Cool that the PT said to increase your running consistency, that is music to my ears. =) Amazon is pretty amazing, aren't they? I'm with you, I actually already stopped watching NCIS after Ziva left. No way in heck I'll be watching after Tony leaves, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're publishing articles about the new character, but Tony's so much of the show.

      Delete
  4. Wow, 5-6 runs/week? I don't think I could fit that in if I tried! Interesting on your PTs part. I start PT after Big Sur, and I'll be curious to hear her take on what I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't, but I will increase to what I can do. 5-6 is a lot, then pile on the PT exercises I'm already doing.

      Delete
  5. My PT allowed me to keep my regular running schedule. They were interested to see how it affected my hips while we were working on them. They were able to address issues that arose. I had some rough days, but all in all did great with it. Good luck with your PT. Love the Disney painting and saying. Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Mostly she doesn't want me going days without a run. She wants me to get out there and keep running to build stamina.

      Delete
  6. That is strange, I didn't know anywhere delivered on Sundays:) But nice for you!
    Great week, and great job on your 3 miler. This must mean things with the hips are working out fabulously, which is great news!
    Nothing wrong with Disney on the brain, if I was in your situation, Id be the same, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a countdown going at work. I don't know what I'll countdown to after the trip.

      Delete
  7. Amazon is amazing. Sadly they're putting lots of other stores out of business but it's a jungle out there I guess. I did have a couple of bad experiences with Amazon where the seller shipped from overseas and it took literally months to get what I ordered and then it came damaged. Wonder how they got to be a part of Amazon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boooo! I've only gotten one thing overseas, through Amazon UK.

      Delete
  8. I love Amazon but I didn't know they delivered on Sundays! I'd rather do more runs that are not as long than fewer longer runs. I hope it all works out for you! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I. I saw the ETA on the tracking number and thought that meant Monday delivery. Nope, it was Sunday delivery.

      Delete
  9. That is strange to have something delivered on a Sunday... convenient, though! I wonder how they got that worked out. I hope adding in more runs this week goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My short run on Monday felt good, and I even threw in the hills mode on the treadmill. That was a challenge, but I was up for it.

      Delete