Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I Love the Treadmill

I love the treadmill.  After an *hmmm* interesting day, I can get on the treadmill when it's threatening to rain, and pound out a couple miles.  I had a bit of pent up irritated energy, and there was no other way for me to get rid of it.  Get on the treadmill, and just run.  I'm having phantom pains in my foot, that pop up from time to time on the perimeter of my heal, and it moves.  I was fine until I was already at work yesterday, so combine that pattern, I know it's not PF.  Add in car stuff, shuttle schedules, and needing to reschedule my chiropractor appointment, I wasn't happy when I got home.


Then I was exhausted.  I almost skipped doing PT exercises, and it was almost 8:30 when I won that argument with myself and did some.  Today is a PT appointment, but all the small stuff on my own is what's making me stronger.  That I can do stuff like Saturday and get 4 miles done without any twinging.  I wasn't ruling out PT exercises, but I really had to talk myself into it.

This is all I wanted to do last night
My one goal this year was to do Tink pain free, but I don't think I'm ready for that.  I'll adjust and shift my focus to PT and Pure Barre this summer to really improve my strength.  I'm very happy to be making progress, so maybe pain free will be for my next race.

Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.  

16 comments:

  1. It makes sense to shift your focus to PT and things like Barre. Hopefully that pain free race will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I have all these exercises to reference now, and proper form for Barre.

      Delete
  2. I think being happy to run on the mill is a great skill. Sometimes we have no other choice. I hope your shift in activity will help your foot feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my peace with the treadmill early on after moving to Texas. There are so many days where I'm stuck inside and still want to run.

      Delete
  3. I've definitely been able to use the treadmill to get over a rough day. Sorry about the phantom pains. You've been really religious about the PT and I'm sure it's making a big difference. Yes to progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I'm less than 3 weeks from the race, and this is usually when phantom pains start for me. I'm still careful about them.

      Delete
  4. I am SO pulling for you to finish Tink pain free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My knee brace should be delivered at the end of this week, and my PT wants me to try for 4.5 miles this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Pain free is definitely always the goal!

    I was doing ST one night at like 6 pm, which is way late for me (considering I'm usually in bed by 9pm), just because it was the only time I had that day. It was really hard to talk myself into that, but I was glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also glad I did exercises. My homework is the reason I've made such good progress, and I knew I needed to do them.

      Delete
  6. Progress is progress!! Sending you lots of healing vibes to run pain-free again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have been crunched for time, which is why the summer's key to focusing on ST again.

      Delete
  7. I think if I had a treadmill I would use that option alot. Glad you were able to run off some of your stress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice having the fitness room close by. I definitely needed the treadmill that day.

      Delete
  8. That sounds like a good plan for the summer! I hope that your next race after Tink is, indeed, pain free.

    I love the treadmill (except certain times of the winter when I'm completely relegated to it). It's in our basement, super convenient, and definitely saves me time. Plus I get to catch up on TV shows or watch part of a favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I like about using the fitness room, I can change the channel to something I want to watch. My gym would set the TVs on channels and I couldn't change it.

      Delete