Thursday, April 28, 2016

How I Joined Oiselle

Today's post isn't a random post like normal.  On my Monday post, I mentioned that I joined the Volee at Oiselle, and Emily asked about the process.  It was relatively simple, after I had done some research on my own after being made aware of the Volee in the first place.  Tara and Courtney had mentioned in several race recaps about meeting up with the Oiselle runners in their area, and pictures showed them all wearing their Oiselle singlet (or long-sleeve shirts) before the race.  It piqued my curiosity, and since I had heard of Oiselle before with them sponsoring Kara Goucher, and I had browsed their website before, I headed over there to see if the company had any info about that on their website (it also lead to Christmas and birthday ideas.  I multi-task.)


Yes they do, under the Team link, which has links to their elites' bios, and then the Volee.  I hadn't really run solidly for 3 years due to my injury, but after reading about the Volee, reading Tara's and Courtney's blog, and the additional info on the pre-register page, I signed up for email notifications on when membership would be open again.  This was definitely something I wanted to do for me.  I liked everything I read about it, I like Oiselle's clothes and quality, and I like what they stand for.  $25 of the membership price goes towards supporting their elites, which is great.


I got a "heads up" notification first so I knew membership was opening soon, and the communication stayed great through the whole process.  I don't know if this round was the only round for 2016, but if anyone is interested, I absolutely recommend signing up for the email notifications.  They kept me informed and I knew what was coming.  I'd also recommend having an account in place prior to signing up for membership.  I had mine since I bought Oiselle products before, and my information was all ready to go when I hit the sign up button.

6 comments:

  1. How neat! I too have heard of Oiselle because of Kara Goucher but not of this program! Thanks for sharing the sign-up information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it existed until I started seeing it on blogs. I think it's a great concept.

      Delete
  2. I signed up for notifications but haven't heard anything.

    I'll be interested to see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post when I get the goodie bag. They said 6 weeks, so I know it'll be after Tink, but I'm also not patient.

      Delete
  3. I've considered applying for the Flock, but I never knew if I needed to be more of a racer. But I love Oiselle, the support, and the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for Volee. My times are still slow as I come back from ITB, but I wasn't Speedy Gonzalez before my injury either.

      Delete