Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Five: Completely Random

Lots has happened in the past couple weeks, and I actually missed posting last Friday because it got so chaotic.  My trip to Anaheim is just around the corner, and I've already got some good plans for the summer.


1) I have started obsessing about the weather in Anaheim.  A quick glance showed 70s during the day, 50s at night.  I'll throw in a sweatshirt for everyday stuff, and I might throw in some arm sleeves for my outfit.  I have that down pat, and I hope I don't have to make any adjustments.  The arm sleeves should do, plus a throw away shirt if needed.  I'm also still tweaking my playlist as there are a couple more songs I need to switch out.

2) Car shopping.  As mentioned before, I'm now car shopping, and I test drove the Honda CRV last Saturday, and tomorrow I plan to test drive a Mazda CX-5.  There are two dealerships in my area, and the further one had two AWD models when I checked on Monday.  It's also further north, and I hope the highway's traffic lightens up so I can test the speed of the car.


3) After Anaheim, it's not too long before the Jimmy Buffett concert Memorial Day Weekend.  I get the Margaritaville emails, and I already have an idea for individual servings of jerk shrimp on pineapple.  The recipe I have calls for tequila in the marinade, and it is a Buffett concert after all.

4) I'm headed to DC in August for a conference, and I hope to get out and run (yes, in that humidity) since I couldn't the last time I was there.  That was summer 2013, when I was just starting to battle ITBS and I had to stick with the hotels gym and treadmill.  I want to get out and see some of the monuments while I'm there.

5) I haven't decided if I want to head up to Colorado during the summer, but it's still on the table.  With my trip to Anaheim and the conference in August, and coworkers' vacations too, the logistics are proving to be a little difficult.  I'd love to get out of the heat, but I don't know if it's in the cards this year.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

20 comments:

  1. You've got lots of traveling on the agenda! I had a conference in DC in March and it looks like I'm going to have a few more before the year's out. It's such a great city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the conference when I went 3 years ago, but I wasn't able to get out and explore a little bit. I want to do that this time around.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff coming up for you! The weather in Anaheim sounds like it will be perfect for a race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it stays that way. It would be much easier to pack, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. Those are both great choices in SUV's. I also like the Mazda cx7 ( I think that's what it's called)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a 7, but I think they stopped making it. The 5 was nice, and now I have to think about things.

      Delete
  4. So many fun opportunities coming up for you! Good luck with the car shopping! I also tested the Honda CRV when car shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you think? I liked it, and may want to test drive it again.

      Delete
  5. DC!!!! Looooooooove. <3

    Also, Honda all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cars are so similar, it's going to come down to the tiniest thing.

      Delete
  6. I love trying to get out and run when possible when traveling. It's cool to run someplace new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never run in DC, and getting away from the conference would be nice, even for 30 minutes.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you have alot of fun things coming up! And that will be fun to run around DC. But yes, I am sure it will be humid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was humid last time. The conference used to be at the end of October, but it got moved a few years ago.

      Delete
  8. Fun stuff! I lived in MD one year after I graduated college and loved going to the monuments (decades before I became a runner).

    Some day I'm gonna do a race there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my sights on the MCM 10k. One day.

      Delete
  9. Hooray for Jimmy Buffet! I'm so excited for you at Tink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be a busy month, and I can't believe it's here!

      Delete
  10. I always run if I can when I travel. Something to look forward to besides work meetings and dinners !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I didn't out much last time and I felt cooped up after attending seminars all day.

      Delete