Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 3/17

Happy St. Patrick's Day?  I put a question mark because I've never really observed it, beyond being my Dallas anniversary.  It's been 7 years since I arrived (back) in Texas.  Growing up, I never liked the day because I never had green clothes until college (green and white colors), so I got pinched in elementary school.  Stupid tradition.  I'm not even wearing green today either.


This week has been spring break at the university, and I do think staff members should be able to have at least a couple days off.  It would've helped with the time change, that's for sure, but it's also slower than normal.  It's given me time to look at potential races for the fall, which I really shouldn't be doing.  I need to see how Tink goes before I start shifting my focus to the second half of the year.  But already I'm looking at either the RnR Denver 10k or the MCM 10k.

Speaking of Tink, my chiro said we could probably stop sound wave therapy after next week, if my 4-mile run goes well.  I normally go in every other week, but he wants to see me next Monday after my run to feel my knee and see how things are going.  He was fishing for scar tissue 3 days ago, which I hope is a really good sign.  I've scoped out my route for Saturday, 2 miles out, 2 miles back, and I just need to take it sloooow.  I'm running a path that goes through a blue bonnet field, but I don't think the blue bonnets are in bloom yet.


I'm finally back on the reading wagon.  I hadn't read a new book since the very beginning of February, and I called it quits with the 5th Outlander book last week.  I thought I spaced out the books, but this 5th one has me in a quagmire.  I can't get into the story, and I've slogged through 50% of it.  That's telling me something.  So on Tuesday night, I bought A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn.  Since I like her Lady Julia series a lot, I had bookmarked this on Amazon to check out later, and it's beyond later.  I like it already.

Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

8 comments:

  1. Not to feed your race explorations but I did the MCM 10k last year and it really was a great race :) It looks like the logistics are going to be more complicated this year because the rumor is that the expo was moved to the national harbor (which is not close to downtown at all).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always heard great things about it, and I wanted to do the race before I got injured. Gotta get back up there.

      Delete
  2. That's great news from the chiro! Hopefully things are healing up well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so. I know I'll have to go slow, but I've been able to stick to my schedule so far. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. I really loved the Outlander series! I read them way before it was a series, which sadly I do not get.

    I wore green simply because green looks good on me. I doubt I wore it much growing up, and can't ever remember getting pinched.

    Funny, next month marks 7 years since I moved away from TX.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for a good run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the DVDs of the first season, and really plowed through the first 4 books. I'm rather surprised I got stuck on #5.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I hope so too. We're getting a cold front today so the temps should be great tomorrow morning.

      Delete