Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Hardest Thing About Running

Today's Tuesday on the Run is about the hardest thing about running.  My choice is the injuries.  They say running is good for us, and then we get hit with an injury.  It tests our resolve, and it tests our wallets.  How many visits to the chiropractor have I had since 2013?  How about the 7 sessions I've had for sound wave therapy.  Yes, no one is forcing me to go, but I gotta get better so I can run again.


Sitting on the sidelines is never fun.  I get FOMO, and the number of races out there is enticing.  It's tough to not sign up, or if I am signed up, playing it smart and maybe not running (HA!).  Or maybe walking?  We're bad influences for sure to the injured, and I'm not willing to listen to the common sense voice in my head all the time.  I'm invincible!


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

14 comments:

  1. I did almost go with the injury thing, too. I've been lucky enough to run through most of mine, but it was painful and not fun and there were times when I wondered if it would EVER feel good again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not run through this injury, and it's been a slow comeback, but I'm trying to be smart about it.

      Delete
  2. I am very fortunate that I am not injury prone. For those that are, I feel for them. Running can be so challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really considered myself injury prone, then I got the mother of all injuries :-/

      Delete
  3. FOMO is real! I get it- totally. I've been lucky that my injuries are few and far between, so nothing that's kept me on the sidelines for too long. But I get the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is real, but looking at potential races also keeps me sane. It seems to be my happy place.

      Delete
  4. I hear ya with the injuries... I've had my fair share over the last 10 months. Just hoping I'm done with them now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've gone above and beyond what I've been given to recover, and I really hope I can put all this behind me.

      Delete
  5. Being injured is the worst thing about running for sure. The last few years I've had a number of them. Here's to happy healthy runnin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Healthy running please, I'm so close.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm not good and sitting still to begin with, and then knowing I HAVE to rest is even worse.

      Delete
  7. The struggle is real! We feel good, we do more, we get hurt, we cut back, maybe, and the cycle repeats! Ha, it's just what us runners do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm trying so hard to not get hurt again. I've been going slow on purpose, and I'm not good at slow.

      Delete