Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sponsors

Today's Tuesday on the Run is all about dream sponsors.  I have my favorite brands, but if I could choose, then I'd chose a shoe sponsor.  My clothing pieces hold up better than the shoes I run in.  Right now I'm in Asics, but as mentioned in the last couple weeks, I may look at other brands this summer.  I got new Asics that I found on sale, and I did have my first run in them this past Sunday.  Even walking in them is like walking on clouds.  There's lots of cushion that I can already tell is lacking in the shoes I'm currently running in.


The reason why I choose a shoe sponsor is because I keep reading about elites designing their shoes with their sponsor.  How great is that?  That could mean I wouldn't have to worry about shoes changing between models.  I could tell the sponsor what I (or my feet) want and what I don't want.  Colors, material, anything.  OK, in my dream world.  Mostly I just want to get rid of shoe companies changing models so much it forces me to test other brands.  I've already been down that road, and it was a little frustrating.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia

18 comments:

  1. I had never heard of the fact that elites can design their shoes with their sponsor, but it makes sense. That sounds like it would be such a cool option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some have with their sponsors. I would love to customize and choose what I want.

      Delete
  2. It would be great to have a shoe sponsor! We always need new shoes! It would be amazing to have your own custom pair that is perfect for your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rough on shoes too, so even though there's that 300-500 miles, I switch much sooner.

      Delete
  3. Great point! I really liked the Brooks Launch so I got the 2 that came out and they changed quite a bit from the first model. Now they have the 3 and it looks like they went back to the similar make of the original. So I am going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to Asics because I heard the 3's were much better too. Why do they have to mess with what works?

      Delete
  4. Oh my shoe sponsor would be Hoka. They are like pillows on my feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad uses Hokas too. His doctor has told him he has "well used knees" and he needs Hoka's cushioning.

      Delete
  5. In college I had a roommate from Beaverton Oregon, and I used to tell her if she moves back home she should go get a job at Nike and design and test shoes on that amazing track they have. Back in the day, I thought that would be a dream job, LOL LOL
    Still thing it would be cool, having a shoe designed specifically for me, an I am totally with you knowing you won't ever have a shoe model change in a way you don't like, that alone would be a dream. I've been in Asics, Nike, Saucony, Mizuno and Addidas and all those were in a short 4 year period because the stupid companies would change their shoe models. Uhhh every runners biggest dislike, huhE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big nightmare. My Asics work so well but they went away from this model. Why why why? Good thing I found a pair online, on sale. I have time to look.

      Delete
  6. OOOOH colors! I definitely want to have my say in colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely colors. I could have a lot of fun with color schemes.

      Delete
  7. I'd love to design my own shoes. Oh the color combo possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a lot of fun. I don't mind some colors, but I think they've been used too much. I need some new fun ideas.

      Delete
  8. A shoe designed especially for your foot would be amazing! Great choice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have to be a specific brand. If it's designed for my feet, then it should match.

      Delete
  9. That would be so great to be a shoe sponsor, and especially to have input on the way the shoes are made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more rolling the dice and seeing if shoes will work for me this round.

      Delete