Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Running Boulder

I'm back from Colorado!  I got back yesterday and got Allie from the vet, then got scolded while she ran around the apartment.  She's always happy to be back home, but she has to fuss at me first.  Or help with laundry.


I was visiting family, but I still wanted to keep up with my training.  I may not have done all the strength training I wanted to do, but I made sure I at least did all of the exercises my chiro gave me to further work on my hips.  3 sets of 15 has me grimacing, but it's doctor's orders.  I knew running wouldn't be much of a problem since I was in Boulder, but it all depended on my knee.


During Friday, I made sure to keep up with yoga, and some carb loading :)  If any of y'all is looking for a great breakfast spot in Boulder, go to Snooze on Pearl Street.  I had one of their specialties, sweet potato pancakes.  This is only 2 pancakes, and I ended up taking a doggy bag home with what I couldn't eat.  Their pancake size for their flight is smaller than the regular plate.  Oh my.


Since I've run in Eugene, I knew I needed to run in Boulder.  I mean, my parents live there and I needed to take advantage of the GORGEOUS weather we had.  It was mid-60s, a little cloudy, but the sun did come out at the end of the run.  I even felt overdressed near the end.  I ran along Boulder Creek, on one of the many running trails in the city, and got the entire 3.5-mile run done.  I never felt twinging or pulling, and it was definitely a boost to my confidence.  I know I still have work to do, but I felt really good after that run.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.  

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful run, and yay for feeling good after it! My cats always fuss at us for a bit when we get home from vacation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't fuss as much as she did in December, but it is a ritual. I not only have to get her home, I have to stay home and listen to her.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good run! That sweet potato pancake looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing. I was skeptical at first last year, but they are incredible.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back!
    Thats awesome you got out and ran, Boulder is such a beautiful area. Running on vacations are the best!
    Bet Allie was so happy to have you back too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice to get out and running. I ran in the afternoon when the sun was in and out from the clouds and it was great.

      Delete
  4. Those pancakes look awesome. Reminds me of this little hole in the wall place we used to go to in Austin & I'd order just 1 pancake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one pancake that size would've been enough. I took the leftovers home and had them as another breakfast.

      Delete
  5. So glad your run went well! And Im sure Boulder is an amazing place to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, there are so many places and trails to run. I hadn't gotten out in Boulder other times so this time was a must.

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm so glad you got to run in Boulder. Altitude issues aside, it's so beautiful there. Mmmmm pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't have any issues with the altitude. I did have to go slow for my knee, but my cardio felt really good.

      Delete
  7. Good work on keeping up with your exercises! I always slack off when I'm on vacation. I definitely want to run in Boulder someday, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chiro exercises are important so I would've carved out time even if I hadn't been with my parents. We did a lot in Boulder, but I made sure I still did my training.

      Delete