Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday Musings 3/28

Boy was this weekend busy.  Even with Easter, I was busy on Sunday too.  Saturday I did Pure Barre, ran errands, some house chores, threw in some relaxing time, then went to a hockey game.  Sunday I washed my car, run and strength trained, more house chores, and I did get to the movie theater for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.  If anyone's looking for a fun movie, go see Greek Wedding 2.  Movies like that are just fun.  All the cast from the first movie is back, even the background cousins are more prominent here.


I had quite a class at Pure Barre Saturday.  I usually do PB on Sunday, but the studio was closed Sunday, and it was easy for me to switch my workouts so I could run on Sunday.  Except when I woke up on Sunday, I was sore.  It was the good sore, but I had to delay my run a couple hours to let my muscles loosen up.  I felt like Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks after I left class, so I wasn't surprised I was sore.


Since I'm starting PT this week, I wanted my week workouts to focus on my hips to try to prep for what's coming.  I was doing exercises I don't normally do, and I'd guess that's why my stability muscles have lost so much strength.   I was doing stuff like one-legged bridges, which my hamstrings took over (not good), then Sunday I also did one-legged balance exercises.  My hamstrings did not take over, but I wobbled quite a bit.  I'm kind of on a running hold above 3 miles, so I'll keep doing what I can for training.  I really hope my muscles respond this week.  I'm even taking Tuesday afternoon off so I don't have to rush through anything for the first session.

Sunday was also all about movies.  I thoroughly enjoyed Greek Wedding 2, and then Sunday night after dinner, I watched Jurassic World.  I normally don't watch two movies in one day, but it was Easter, and I did need some time to relax.  Now, on to the next week.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: Iron Strength

Wednesday: 30 minutes treadmill

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: Pure Barre 

16 comments:

  1. One legged stability is killer! I have a PT appt shortly, and I'm interested to see what he finds/recommends.

    We watched Jurassic World a few weeks ago; I actually thought it was enjoyable, even though I'm not a huge fan of the franchise.

    We watched the final Mockingjay last night. My husband's pick, and it was longer than we expected. I actually do really love Hunger Games -- I read the books long before the movies & I've read them multiple times. Not great writing, but fascinating plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the first Jurassic movie, but I can do without the second and third ones. World is actually fun to watch. It's like the Force Awakens, with all its tributes to the first movie.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm looking forward to today's session and getting down to business.

      Delete
  3. I hope your PT goes well and you can get the issues your having with your hips fixed up!
    Sounds like a fun movie weekend! I rented Mockingjay 2 this past week, it was nice to finally get around to seeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I wish it wasn't now, but I have to work on it at some point.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good weekend! I heard awesome things about the movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the movie. It made me laugh a lot, which I needed.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully you get alot out of your PT sessions! Sounds like a smart plan to keep your mileage where it is and see how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mileage hold hurt, but I understand. I don't want to keep running through discomfort.

      Delete
  6. So you liked Greek Wedding 2? I'm always nervous about sequels..they rarely hold up. Glad it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it. The first one does have a spark the sequel doesn't, but all the characters are back and it's still a lot of fun.

      Delete
  7. That is a busy weekend for sure! I really wanted to go see Greek Wedding 2 on Saturday afternoon/evening but my husband was not up for it. Movies like that are more fun when you have someone to laugh with, so I'll wait until he wants to go :)

    I hope PT goes well this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun just by myself. There were others in the theater and we all laughed at the same moments.

      Delete
  8. I'm still in PT (down to once a week now). Those one legged bridges are killer for me as well as the elevated ones. Hammies = ouchy. I loved the first Greek Wedding film and can't wait to see this one. Good luck with your PT. Don't overdo like me! Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a knot in my hamstring since I needed to find the correct height to keep my glutes engaged. Ouch.

      Delete