Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday Musings 3/14

Another weekend in the books.  I tried to make this one a lazy weekend, but still wanted to get my workouts in.  Since I was in Boulder last weekend, I didn't do too much relaxing, so I needed to pull back just a little bit this weekend.  Saturday, I got the crock pot out for an easy dinner, and parked myself on the couch, after getting my run in and getting errands done.  I always need to get ingredients for dinners, plus some much desired wine.  I made chicken tikka masala after being inspired by the Sherpa House in Golden.


My shoes (mentioned Thursday) arrived on Friday!  The ETA was mid-next week, so that was a fast delivery.  Now I have one more pair of 2000-3's in stock, in case I have to replace my current ones.  I feel more comfortable now, and I have much more time before I start looking for another brand.  I think the summer will be a good time to hit up my LRS since I don't have any major fall race planned yet.  Summer's basically the season to keep my base, but not do much building.  It's when I can really focus on strength training.


With vacation last weekend, I did have to switch around my weekend runs, the 3.5 miles fell during my stay in Boulder, and I decided to revamp the schedule to fit that.  I want to keep slowly building miles, and 30-minute runs two weekends in a row would've broken that pattern.  I've also altered the miles for my building runs to keep the building more reasonable.

I'm now building a 1/2-mile each time, so my next long run will be 4 miles, then 4.5, etc.  I felt some of the numbers on the training plan was building too much at one time.  The schedule does want me to do more than 6 miles by the time I'm done, and I wasn't planning on doing that anyway.  Shifting the numbers gives me more time to build.

I wrapped up yesterday after Pure Barre by heading over to the movie theater to see Zootopia.  Anybody else see it?  I thought it was very cute, and yes, I was trying to crack the mystery along with Nick and Judy.  I cracked right before they did, so I'm not sure how much better I did.  And I may have bought Shakira's song right when I got home.  How can the lyrics not apply to running?

I won't give up, no I won't give in
Till I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail


I'm already on my first cup of hot tea to try to get more caffeine in my system.  This time change thing is always tough.  Not least because Allie was riled up at 6-whatever yesterday morning, so technically 5-whatever for my body clock.  She tried making up for it during the morning and wanted snuggles.  Thankfully she let me sleep right to my alarm this morning.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin


*****

Sunday: strength training (vacation)

Monday: travel day

Tuesday: strength training + chiro exercises

Wednesday: 30 minutes, post-run yoga

Thursday: strength trianing + chiro exercises

Friday: yoga

Saturday: 30 minutes, post-run yoga

Sunday: Pure Barre + chiro exercises

24 comments:

  1. The time change was definitely tough! Our cats were throwing themselves against the bedroom door trying to get fed. I guess they don't understand the time change :) We saw zootopia as well and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily Allie doesn't get at me for food, but when she gets riled up, she uses the bed as a springboard. I'm a sound sleeper, but I can't sleep through that.

      Delete
  2. I love when things arrive earlier than expected. It must feel good to have that backup pair of shoes, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sigh of relief. I can see wear on my soles, so having that extra pair delays the search for new shoes.

      Delete
  3. Yay for new shoes (and a speedy delivery)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy, and would do business with that company again.

      Delete
  4. I want to see Zootopia, it just looks so cute!
    Love your new shoes, I bet your gonna love your first run in them! I love rotating a few different pairs too, it's always great to have more than one pair of a shoe you love and feel great running in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was very cute. I thought it was much better than the trailers we got for other kids' movies.

      Delete
  5. I'd be holding my base in the summers if I lived in TX still, too, I'm sure. Up here, though, that's what winter's for, and summer is for the shorter races. Of course there are halfs galore up here in the summer, too, but I don't deal well with the "heat" and prefer to keep the races shorter in the summer -- although the long runs build towards a fall half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot more running done in the summers in Massachusetts. I'm not a heat person either, so why do I live in Dallas :-p

      Delete
  6. Not only did I have the time change, I traveled to Florida which is an hour ahead. I'm all messed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not good. Traveling during the time change is always tough. I do wish we got spring break too if only to adjust.

      Delete
  7. Animals + time change = the worst. My dogs have been really thrown off and I'm so tired! Nice workout week despite the travel. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents have always said animals and babies. Apparently I didn't make the adjustment as a baby either.

      Delete
  8. Thats exciting that your shoes came early! This time change is rough, I slept terribly last night and am all thrown off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept hard, but I don't know which is worse. My alarm came way too quickly and it was tough getting out of bed.

      Delete
  9. The time change is tough. I am still tired from it. Your kitty is adorable. That photo makes me want to curl up and go to sleep. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's really good at making me sleepy. She snuggled when I got back from the movies and I ended up dozing off.

      Delete
  10. Its always nice when something arrives in the mail faster than you expected. Definitely a welcome surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus they're running shoes :-) I was very happy and surprised when the tracking number showed it was out for delivery.

      Delete
  11. I planned to run this morning, but overslept due to the time change. I like your new shoes! I'm due for another pair. I love receiving packages in the mail. It's such a nice surprise when they are earlier than expected. Thanks for linking with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really slept in on Sunday, but I was awake until Allie settled down again. She's a delicate 10 pounds, but not when she body slams the bed.

      Delete
  12. I've wore the GT-2000 too and liked them, I'm currently doing better in Brooks Glycerin but also run in Saucony Guides. I love the time change in the afternoons but it also makes me get in the bed later than normal. I've got to do better about that cause I'm really dragging today!Thanks Les for Linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good to know, thanks! I'll make sure to try out every option, and even the 4's, when I head to my LRS.

      Delete