Thursday, March 10, 2016

It's always 3's

It's time for Thursday 3's, and Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

It looks like I'll be in the market for different shoes once I complete Tink.  Out of curiosity, I was reading the reviews for the Asics GT-2000 4's, and most of them say the same things... the toe box is too narrow, resulting in blisters, the heel box is too narrow, resulting in blisters, and the sizing if off by at least half a size too small this year.  Really?  I just got back into Asics because of the 3's, after not wearing Asics because their GT-2000 1's were awful.  Luckily I found my size on sale on Amazon and I quickly ordered a pair.  Good grief.


Over my vacation, I saw the news that Run Disney is not going to have Rudy Novotny at the Tinker Bell race, in favor of an all-female announcing team.  I know a lot of people are outraged over this announcement since it seems that Run Disney didn't do any market research before making that announcement (sorry, I went to a business college and market research was hammered into our brains).  Rudy's known as the voice of the marathon, and there is a petition on Change.org to reinstate him.  Some are even concerned about his involvement at all races after the Dark Side half marathon next month.

Finally, I finished all the Girl Scout Cookies I bought.  All 7 boxes.  With two going to lunches each day, and two or three after dinner, I was good for just about a box per week, and yesterday, I finished the last box.  I'm a little sad, but it's always a good time of year when the cookies are available.  I don't need them year round.


8 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I would have finished those cookies a LOT faster, so I commend your spacing them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really tried to space them out, but all I wanted to do was sit down and eat them all. 7 boxes is a lot.

      Delete
  2. I know the reality is shoe companies are trying to make things better, but why oh why do they have to make them worse?

    I don't do GS cookies. Way, way too tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My feet love these 3's, so why keep changing them? Changing the 21xx series is what drove me away from Asics for a couple years.

      Delete
  3. Working in a run specialty store I can say the GT2000 4s did run much more narrow. We sold a lot more wides that particular model. I hope you are able to find a shoe that works for you....running in pain/losing toenails or getting blisters is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon had my size in the 3's, and they're on their way :) I do have narrow feet but not that narrow. The B width works just fine.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard about Rudy...that's interesting! I hope he's not gone forever! :) I didn't snag any Girl Scout cookies yet this year...oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that come across the Marathon Show's FB page, then I listened to their podcast. I do hope he's not gone either, but who knows with the way RD is making these decisions.

      Delete