Friday, March 18, 2016

Fall Races

I mentioned yesterday that all this downtime at work, due to spring break, may not be a good thing, necessarily.  I've had more time to start looking for fall races, kind of window shopping, just to see what's out there.  I'm not looking beyond the 10k distance, and I won't commit to anything until after Tink.  I need time to recover, and get through summer, but these 5 10k's jumped out at me.

1) MCM 10k.  This was on my bucket list even before I got injured.  My mom's family does have people who served in the military.  That side of the family is all over Virginia and some of them are runners as well


2) RnR Denver.  Since my parents live in Boulder, no hotel :)  I could possibly be able to convince my dad to do it too, and he knows Denver like the back of his hand since he grew up there.

3) RnR Vegas.  This one is definitely on my list of races, if not this year then next.  I haven't been to Vegas since I was 8 (?) so a racecation sounds like just the thing.

4) To stay local and do the Pumpkin Spice 10k?  I did the 5k this past November, so it's a possibility.  I think the field thinned out with the higher distances.  The 5k was crowded.

5) RnR San Antonio.  I'd have to book hotel, but I wouldn't have to fly.  Get in the car and drive.  This is another city I haven't been to in a VERY long time.  Since I was 2 to be precise.  Funny how I don't remember it.  I don't count my layover at the airport coming back from Disney in 2014, even though it did have a Cinnabon.


Yes, there is a little bit of a pattern with the RnR's, but I haven't done one yet.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

15 comments:

  1. I'm planning on RnR Vegas this year. I've heard it's really fun (though crowded) but it seems like it would make for a great race-cation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind crowds that much because they help keep my speed in check. It's quite a location to have fun afterwards.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to run RNR Nashville this year but it wasn't in the finances. My sister just moved there so I really wanted to run it with her, but that's ok. Maybe next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denver is a top choice since I could stay with my parents. No hotel expenses is quite a good thing.

      Delete
  3. MCM 10k is on my short list for the year as well. I'm really hoping that I can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do it at some point, but there are so many fall races to choose from.

      Delete
  4. I've done a few RnRs -- not in a while though.

    I recommend Vegas if you don't mind crowds. I never raced San Antonio, as I wasn't a runner when I lived in TX, but being in Austin, we visited many times. It's a great city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind crowds that much. Disney races have gotten more and more crowded, but I can still have fun.

      Delete
  5. You should head down to the RnR expo this weekend in Dallas! Lacey's at the Big Sur booth! I'd say do the 10k in Vegas. They have a 5k the night before that you could add on too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could, but I don't live near Downtown. Dallas is huge, but I hope she has fun working the booth. I keep forgetting RnR Dallas is this weekend.

      Delete
  6. You should head down to the RnR expo this weekend in Dallas! Lacey's at the Big Sur booth! I'd say do the 10k in Vegas. They have a 5k the night before that you could add on too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done an RnR race but I'd like to do LV! Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely looks fun, doing it at night and seeing the lights come up. A November race could mean good weather too, since it cools of quickly in the desert.

      Delete
  8. I don't think you'd be disappointed in any RnR race. Just pick the city you want to visit most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas would be a lot of fun. I haven't been since I was a kid, so of course I can enjoy the more adult side, and Jimmy Buffett has a restaurant in Vegas.

      Delete