I mentioned yesterday that all this downtime at work, due to spring break, may not be a good thing, necessarily. I've had more time to start looking for fall races, kind of window shopping, just to see what's out there. I'm not looking beyond the 10k distance, and I won't commit to anything until after Tink. I need time to recover, and get through summer, but these 5 10k's jumped out at me.
1) MCM 10k. This was on my bucket list even before I got injured. My mom's family does have people who served in the military. That side of the family is all over Virginia and some of them are runners as well
2) RnR Denver. Since my parents live in Boulder, no hotel :) I could possibly be able to convince my dad to do it too, and he knows Denver like the back of his hand since he grew up there.
3) RnR Vegas. This one is definitely on my list of races, if not this year then next. I haven't been to Vegas since I was 8 (?) so a racecation sounds like just the thing.
4) To stay local and do the Pumpkin Spice 10k? I did the 5k this past November, so it's a possibility. I think the field thinned out with the higher distances. The 5k was crowded.
5) RnR San Antonio. I'd have to book hotel, but I wouldn't have to fly. Get in the car and drive. This is another city I haven't been to in a VERY long time. Since I was 2 to be precise. Funny how I don't remember it. I don't count my layover at the airport coming back from Disney in 2014, even though it did have a Cinnabon.
Yes, there is a little bit of a pattern with the RnR's, but I haven't done one yet.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!