Friday, March 11, 2016

Eating Boulder

I ran in Boulder, and I ate in Boulder (and Golden).  You know how you eat a lot sometimes when you're on vacation?  That was me.  But since I don't often eat like that, I think I'm OK.

1) First stop was technically lunch, but my mom and I ate at Panera, so not Boulder specific.  I do like Panera though, and their Asian sesame chicken salad.  Dinner was the first Boulder specific place we went to, at Pica's Mexican Taqueria.  It's kind of a hole in the wall, so it's a small place, but if the weather's nice, they have an outdoor patio.  It was cooling off rapidly, so my parents and I stayed inside.  Since the trip was designed for me to see my grandmother, and a tough trip at that, I also indulged in a margarita.


2) As I mentioned in Tuesday's post, I carb loaded Friday morning at Snooze.  Snooze has locations in Colorado and California, and it's strictly a breakfast place.  I recommend getting there when it opens because at least the Boulder location is quite popular.  I had the sweet potato pancakes, but I've also tried their pancake flights, egg plate, and OMG French Toast.

3) Another breakfast place is the Walnut Cafe.  They've got Competitor (I think) covers of famous runners from Boulder, and one of them is Jenny Simpson.  I was hankering for an omelet, and I almost ate the whole thing.  Again, I don't normally eat like that so if I want to eat it all, I do.

I had popcorn at this game too
4) Saturday's dinner, after my run, was at a place in Golden called the Sherpa House.  It's Indian food, and we met up with my mom's brother and his family.  One of my cousins loves the place and she recommended it for this dinner.  I had the chicken chow mein, but Indian chow mein is different from a Chinese restaurant.  Bonus, it came with vegetables, which was great since I was trying to stay semi-healthy during the trip and get my fruits and veggies.

5) The last place isn't glamorous but we went to Whole Foods for breakfast on Sunday.  I include this because I tried turkey bacon for the first time.  It's not the same, and I'll stick with regular bacon, please.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

18 comments:

  1. I read about the origin of the name "Panera" - it's a combination of the word "Pane" (Italian for "bread") and "Era." So Panera is supposed to be an iteration of "Time for Bread." Isn't that cool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! They do have quite a lot of bread selections, and I had a free bagel on my rewards card.

      Delete
  2. All of these places sound delicious! :) Glad you were able to enjoy good food while you were on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College towns need good places to eat. It's always fun to head up there.

      Delete
  3. I was in Boulder on vacation a few years ago and loved everything I ate. I can't remember the restaurant names, but it was enough to make we want to move there...well, that and, um it's Boulder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents are trying to get me to move there. I'm not sure at this point, but I love the city.

      Delete
  4. Ahh everything looks so good! I absolutely love Boulder and would move there in an instant! Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how active Boulder is. There's so much to do outside, even if it's freezing.

      Delete
  5. The Mr. and I are planning a big Denver/Colorado Springs trip over Memorial Day. I need to see if there are any Snooze locations close. Those pancakes look like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple locations in Denver, and those pancakes are amazing. I love their pancake flight so I can get different flavors.

      Delete
  6. Snooze, that's such a funny name for a restaurant..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, since I for sure don't sleep in when we're planning on going there. I want to get there early early.

      Delete
  7. I've never been to Denver, sounds like it was a good time. Those pancakes..drool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going out to Boulder in June and those 2 breakfast places sound terrific. I love breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite meal of the day. Since I don't have Snooze in Dallas, it's a treat when I go up to CO.

      Delete
  9. I love Snooze! I'm going to be in Boulder in a few weeks and will have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go there! They have a ton of breakfast options.

      Delete