Friday, March 25, 2016

Completely Chaotic

What is it about the aftermath of a storm, a full moon, and/or a long weekend that makes people completely lose their minds?  My goodness, what a day yesterday.  After a friend got hit by someone running a red light, the same thing ALMOST happened to me.  Dallas drivers are morons, but throw the right elements together, they can be downright dangerous.  All it does is make me mad.


Good Friday is interesting for me because I don't get the day off, but my family's never been religious, so I don't mind when people do want to take it off.  If I lived close to my parents, I'm sure we'd do stuff together on Easter Sunday, but once I got past the egg hunt age, all there was left was the 10 Commandments shown on ABC the night before.  Which never made sense to me since it's not an Easter movie.  Since a lot of things are closed Sunday, I have to get a lot done tomorrow, so talk about a busy Saturday.

1) Pure Barre, since the studio is closed Sunday
2) Groceries, since many of those stores are closed Sunday
3) Wine store, but they're always closed on Sundays
4) Hockey game Saturday since I have a ticket
5) Finally, maybe the movie theaters will be slightly quiet, so I'm planning on seeing My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.  I loved the first movie, and I'm willing to give the sequel a try since it's been so long since the first was in theaters.

I switched up my normal workout schedule for this weekend since I normally do Pure Barre on Sundays.  I'll do that Saturday then run on Sunday.  It seems like it's the treadmill for me since we're getting yet another cold front early early Sunday morning.  Then the movie has a lunchtime showing so I can carb up after my run.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're gonna have a busy Saturday! Stay safe. Is your friend okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's fine. The car's totaled but he escaped serious injury.

      Delete
  2. Yikes, I hope your friend is ok! And it sounds like a busy but fun weekend ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always lose track of time on Easter weekend because I have to cram so much into Saturday. At least it gives me an excuse to put my feet up a little bit on Sunday.

      Delete
  3. Easter is messing with my plans for pool running (it's closed!). What's an injured runner in training to do?

    So sorry about your friend! I hope she's ok. I'm actually working on a post about running safety for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully he's fine, but the other driver came through so fast, it made my friend's car roll over. Yesterday was plain scary.

      Delete
  4. Yikes, your friend got hit by a car!?!?!? And you almost did, too? That is the most terrifying experience, ever! I hope you are both okay!

    I'm right there with you on having to plan everything in advance of all the closings on Sunday! Would you believe I've never seen the 10 Commandments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car saw its life flash before its headlights. Some people just don't care.

      I always saw 10 Commandments with commercials until I finally rented it years ago. It's long enough without commercials.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know ABC showed the 10 commandments on Easter weekend! How funny!! Hope you have a good one...enjoy your Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they've shown it the Saturday before Easter as long as I can remember.

      Delete
  6. I hope you have a nice Easter! We had an incredibly busy Saturday so today I just want to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more time to myself today but it was still busy. The weekend needs to be longer.

      Delete