Tuesday, February 9, 2016

This is the Week!

Saturday is the marathon trials!  Anybody watching?  I don't know if I'll be stressed watching it, but I can't wait to watch the broadcast, LIVE!  Yes, this year the marathon is going to be live on national TV.  It was tape delay in 2012, but this time around I'm going to be glued to the TV to see how it pans out.  I really hope NBC doesn't have too many commercials (I know, pipe dream).  Part of the marathon is watching the strategies play out and when the pack breaks on the second half of the course.


The broadcast starts at noon my time, which means I should have plenty of time to get my run done on Saturday.  I have 3 miles on the schedule, and I'm contemplating which route to take.  I do have some concrete running routes around my neighborhood, so maybe I can avoid the high school track.  It always seems to be busy Saturday mornings, between cross country, indoor track, and most likely outdoor track.  Plus running in a circle makes me feel like a hamster.

I wasn't going to write about the TOTR theme, but then I remembered the concrete trails go through fields of these:


I can't wait to get out there once spring hits. 

Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

4 comments:

  1. I forgot that the trials are on this wkend. I gotta work.....Bummer! I'm probably one of the few Americans that don't have dvr either. Those flowers are beautiful. I can't way for spring either. I'm so over winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is always blah, but so far *knock on wood* winter's been mild in Dallas. I hope this lasts and we don't get blasted with an ice storm.

      Delete
  2. How I miss the bluebonnets! We have to wait forever to get flowers up here.

    I have a couple of really nice photos of the dogs in bluebonnets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's spring once I see the blue bonnets. They make me happy when I see them.

      Delete