Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 2/25

One more Thursday in this month.  I know not to wish away time, but this month has been tough.  I'm focusing on the fun that I have planned in the next couple months to get me through this rough patch.  Don't worry, it's nothing to do with me, but elderly family stuff.

1) I booked my shuttle to and from LAX in May.  Now I hope Virgin America doesn't change my flight times again.  I know I can change the shuttle reservation if I need to, but I'd prefer to not have to do that.


2) I'm currently debating which Running Skirt to wear for the 10k.  I love the new skirt I got for Christmas, but I also have a Minnie Mouse skirt that of course would go with a Disney race.  I don't have any green skirts to stay with the Tink theme.

3) I'm already thinking about a post-race breakfast.  I know it's over two months away, but there's a Denny's and an IHOP along Harbor Boulevard.  I like pancakes and French toast, with maybe a couple strips of bacon on the side to celebrate.


4) I'm also trying to think of some fun things to add to the outfit.  Not clothes, but maybe some temporary tattoos.  I found a website that has a bunch of Disney designs, including Tink and her fairy friends.  Those are definitely a possibility.  I know Jamberry has Disney designs now, but those never stay on my nails, no matter what I try.  I feel bad since one of my friends sells them.


Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

26 comments:

  1. Those temporary tattoos look great! I love jamberrys but I definitely have friends they don't work for. Everyone's nails are just shaped differently I guess. And post-race breakfast is an important part of the plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for something fun that can add something to the outfit. I'm not a fairy person, but it is the Tink race.

      Delete
  2. Both of those running skirts are adorable but I vote for the red one on the right. Those temporary tattoos are so cute. I am going to look to see if they have any Stitch ones, as he is my favorite. =) I totally relate to planning ahead when it comes to what to eat post-race! I've selected places to stay based on their proximity to good restaurants, for certain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that there are so many options around Disneyland. They're easy to get to, instead of having to drive off property in Florida.

      Delete
  3. Sending you tonnes of good vibes! Hope that the rough patch eases up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so. It's been one heck of a month.

      Delete
  4. You're stronger than I am - I would just convince myseld I need to buy a green skirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom did mention that, like maybe a green Sparkle Skirt. I don't need to shop for more ;-)

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry that elderly family is weighing heavily on your mind lately. Hugs to you and I hope things are okay.

    I'd probably save the "minnie" skirt for another disney race ( if you plan to do one) and wear the white skirt with a pastel top. Make it kind of fairy-ish!
    Ihop sounds like a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pack both skirts to see what I want in the morning, but I think the track skirt would stand out. I think the Minnie skirt is quite popular at Disney.

      Delete
  6. I love that you're already thinking about post-race breakfast! Every time I run a race that's all I can think about! Waffles are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a hot breakfast after a long run. I sprung fro the race retreat one year at WDW and the hot food was perfect.

      Delete
  7. So sorry about your family stuff...((hugs))

    Love the red Minnie dot skirt! So cute!! The temp tattoos are a cute idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I knew it was coming, but it's a really bad time.

      The Minnie skirt was the first one I ordered, and I fell in love with Running Skirts.

      Delete
  8. I've never been to Disneyland. I'd love to do a Disney race. Looking forward to your recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to make it a good one. There's not that many Tink 10k reports.

      Delete
  9. I like how you think. I would totally be deciding where to eat months in advance, too! I've dragged my husband places he really didn't want to go to sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the food. I know I want to get a Dole Whip after the 10k too.

      Delete
  10. i'm all about pre planing post race food. give me the food!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is so easy to plan too. So many restaurants have great breakfast menus.

      Delete
  11. Both skirts are cute, but for Disney I'd go with the Minnie one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I started thinking about the Minnie one after deciding on the track one. I'm packing both so I don't have to decide for a while.

      Delete
  12. Gash, I typically don't think of a post-race breakfast...but pancakes/French toast (and bacon!)? I'm all over that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sounds so good! Good thing there are many options around DL.

      Delete
  13. You're going to have such a blast! I just realized today as I tried to plan my outfit for a St Patty's day race, that green is not a color I have much of as far as running stuff goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of green tops, but no fun green skirts to stay festive.

      Delete