Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 2/11

This week has been the week in which I watch movies I've never seen before.  Friends and I watched Die Hard on Sunday, then I watched Tim Burton's Batman on Tuesday.  Yes, I would watch both movies again, but they're not ones I'd own.  Batman is mild compared to some of Tim Burton's other works, and Jack Nicholson is just, well, Jack Nicholson.  I'll skip the sequel because the Penguin looks even weirder.


I'm making progress with my post-run yoga, and when I set that goal, it wasn't necessarily to follow a yoga routine.  I knew I needed to start stretching more after my runs because I'm not at an age anymore where I can foam roll and leave it at that.  At 31, I have to stretch.  Yesterday, I stretched for 30 minutes, holding each stretch for 20 seconds, and doing that stretch 2 to 3 times each.  Remember what they say in PS I Love You?  "The moment a 30-year-old body doesn't recover quite as fast as a 29-year-old body."  That applies across the board.

I can't tell y'all how much I'm loving my Oiselle birthday gift.  My parents gave me the Flyte long-sleeve shirt, and I'm slowly becoming that kid whose parents have to sneak into their room and wash their favorite outfit.  Except I'm the one who has to the laundry.  I've done 2 runs with it on, and I plan on doing my Saturday run with it too.  By then it'll need to be washed again.


I'm reading all the preview stuff for the marathon trials, and I'm starting to feel nervous.  I know the runners I'll be cheering for, but this whole "live" business means I'll be on the edge of my seat.  It's exciting.  Right now in Frisco, we have the US women's soccer team in their qualifying tournament for the Olympics too.  I feel like London was not that long ago, but it has almost been 4 years.  Crazy.


Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

12 comments:

  1. Oh boy, she thinks she's old. I'm 54. And of course my mom would shake her head at that -- she's almost 88!

    But yeah, use it or lose it. I keep trying to drill that into my husband's head cause he's definitely losing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :-p Mostly I've realized I need to be a lot more diligent with stretching and foam rolling.

      Delete
  2. That shirts so pretty! And I'm only 25 (but with 1.5 kids..) and when I don't stretch I'm pretty miserable.I think it's important regardless, it's just easier to ignore the discomfort when you're younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I get tight and I can't simply do the minimum foam rolling and expect to stay loose.

      Delete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to live in that sweater -- it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty, it's comfy, and its cut is great. I love everything about it and would wear it all the time if I could.

      Delete
  4. I was so sorry to hear Deena pull out of the trials, but I don't blame her. When you run on that level, a bad race can ruin your career and sponsors, so I see why she can't try it. Originally I wasn't sure if I was going to watch it, but I have that morning off now, so I am looking forward to it.
    Enjoy watching a few old but good movies this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see it is an injury. Bummer too, because I'd have been rooting for her.

      Delete
  5. Aren't athletic clothes the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the wrong profession.

      Delete
  6. I have the flyte long sleeve top as well and I have to say it's one of my favorite long sleeve shirts. I love the fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first Oiselle piece, and I'm soooo happy I had it on my birthday list. They've got me hooked.

      Delete